Chapter 14: Different

Ava's POV

Ding Dong (doorbell)

I was snapped back to reality.

Crap, their here.

I looked once more at myself in the mirror once more making sure everything was covered before rushing downstairs.

When I got to the door I saw Ace standing and it looked as if he was waiting for me since the door was still closed. Even though I was still pissed at him for multiple reasons I went and stood beside him. He then without my permission slid his hand around my waist making me gasp.

What I player. One minute me then another woman then another one after that.

"Smile" he muttered as he opened the door to see my father with some wine and Ace's father with a grin.

Dear lord. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Ava! My daughter, how are you." my father said with a big smile as he threw his arms around me.

Fake ass shit.

I felt him squeezing my back and I knew he wanted me to act along with him. "Say something unless you want to get a beating" he whispered in my ear making me flinch in response.

"Hi, papa. I missed you" I said with the biggest fake-ass smile in the world.

Ace didn't even acknowledge our fathers and instead nodded at them and took my hand leading us to the dinner table. Surprisingly he pulled out a chair for me which was right next to him.  This guy was amazing at acting like he gave a shit about me. I let out a small chuckle which made Ace glare at me but quickly look away when my father started talking.

"I see Ace is being kind and letting you dress however you like. Maybe a little too kind" my father said with a disappointed look as he stared at me.

His words made me flinch in fear as I tightened my hold on my dress under the table. Then I felt a rough and big handset on mine. I looked up to see Ace. He wasn't looking my way but he squeezed my hand in the assurance that I was safe, and for some reason, I believed him as I took a deep breath.

"Of course I am. It's her life as well as her body. She can do whatever she pleases. I don't own her" Ace said with a deep and serious tone.

With each word he said my heart melted even more. I never thought he would say something like this about me. From what I knew I thought he hated me. My eyes start to fill with tears but I quickly take a deep breath to maintain my emotions.

"Well as her father I have a right to say you are going too easy on her. I promise you she won't and can't do anything if you make her do something or punish her. I would know. Don't worry." he said with a chuckle as Ace's father followed along.

Ace's father narrowed his eyes at Ace when he saw that Ace kept a straight face. Not a sign of emotion was shown. I could see my father getting irritated so I quickly tried to change the topic.

"Father I have good news, I was accepted into a publishing company for my writing career so now I work as well as go to university," I said with a bright smile.

I already knew what was coming at me but I needed to get the attention away from Ace or something even worse would start.

"And who allowed you to continue your school?" my father said with a disgusted face.