Chapter 13: Trust

Ava's POV

I had been sitting on my bed for the past 20 minutes thinking about whether I should suck it up and get ready or run the hell away from this house. My father was coming over for dinner and I was freaking out. I don't get it though. Why would he want to come over...unless? No way, he wouldn't.

"Ace!" I yelled as I ran over to his room. This guy expects me to move into his room when he's acting like an asshole?

I burst into the room without warning to catch him on top of another girl but at this point that didn't even bother me anymore so pretended I didn't even see whatever was going on in there.

"What is your problem? Why would you invite my father? Are you crazy or do you have no brain at all" I roared as he stood buttoning up his shirt?

"First of don't fucking yell at me. Second, he invited himself over and my father was with him so I didn't have a choice of saying no, but to be honest, I would gladly have said yes just to annoy the shit out of you," he said chucking. "I mean look at your reaction, it's worth it."

Rude.

"Now that I've answered your question..get the hell out. Your only needed in this room at night," he said with a smirk.

Does this asshole think he could just get away with everything he says? Well not on my watch. I looked around to find something I could throw which wouldn't kill him or anything. A pillow. I picked up the pillow and looked him straight in the eyes with a grin. He made a don't even think about it face to me but that didn't stop me. I threw it right at his face with all my strength and then ran back to my room.

I could hear him yelling, "Ava! Get your ass back here!" but I ignored it.

I slammed my door shut before he could get in.

Well time to get ready, I said while smiling.

I opened the dresser to see it full of clothes. I didn't want to pick something too revealing or else my father would get pissed and I knew if I picked something to cover he would probably call me a grandma or something. God my father would get pissed at anything I wear. Nothing is my decision when it comes to him.

If it was up to me I would have chosen not to be born at all. My life wasn't my life at all. All my decisions were made by my father and I got abused by him too...nothing changed when I got married. My husband abuses me, just not physically and he makes all the decisions by himself.

I ended up wearing a blue v-lined short dress with small white leaves on them. I wasn't sure if Ace would be happy that I wore him. His words still haunted me. "Punished."

I never understood what he meant by punished and I don't think I want to find out either. I went to the bathroom and put on some light makeup as well as covered up the bruises that were still showing. Most of the bruises were gone since they weren't that bad but there were some bruises my father had given me which wouldn't go away anytime soon. Those bruises are the ones that hurt like hell.

3 years ago...

"I'm sorry, please! Father, I didn't do anything! I swear. Please!" I yelled begging for my life.

One of my father's men had pinned me on the walls and had tried to unzip my skirt but I was denying him access. That's not what it seemed like to my father. He thought it looked like I was flirting with him.

I was grabbed by my hair and thrown onto the floor.

"If you like to act like a whore in front of men, then go ahead. Suck their dicks for all I care. But be prepared for consequences. I don't want other men seeing you, because when I give you away to another man he must think you're a virgin unless you want a beating from him too!" He spat at me as he kicked me in the stomach.

I started coughing as I spit out blood. My stomach felt like a million people were stepping on me. It hurt a lot.

"Father I didn't do it. He tried to force himself on me! I swear." I cried.

He looked at me with a straight face making me think he believed me for a second until it turned into a smile and he slapped my face giving me a cut on my cheeks. I licked my lips tasting the warm blood that tasted like metal. I touched my cheeks and they were burning hot from my father's slap.

"So now you're lying to me as well? I'm going to teach you some manners tonight," he said as he took out his belt making my eyes flash in fear.

"N-no father! I'm begging you please" I yelled at him but that didn't stop him.

He took the belt and hit my back making me in pain. He continued doing that until he started hitting my chest making me cover my chest from pain as I sobbed for him to stop. He used his legs once more and kicked me in the stomach.

That did all the work. I fell onto my side and curled my body up into a ball as I felt myself fading as each second went by and my eyelids got heavier and heavier.

The last words I remembered were from my father, "take her up to her room and lock the door. Make sure she doesn't leave" he yelled at one of his men.

I felt myself being carried upstairs but that was the last thing I remembered from that night.

I woke up on my bed and when I tried to get up I let out a hiss as the pain was still there. I was sore from all the bearings and when I finally made it to the bathroom tears started flowing out. I had blue and black bruises everywhere. Everywhere I touched made me cry in more pain.

I heard the door lock click which made me run over to my bed even with all the pain and throw the covers over my head.

"Wake up! Your father wants you downstairs in 10 minutes. Don't be late." Said the voice of the person who had got me into this situation.

Ding Dong (doorbell sound)

I was snapped back to reality. Crap. Their here. I rushed to look at the mirror once more before going downstairs.