Chapter 17: Jealousy

Enjoy!

Ava's POV

"What do you think" I said as walked out of the dressing room into where Davina and Lucas were waiting.

Davina had already found a gorgeous dress and Lucas had found a suit too so I was the only one remaining.

"Oh my gosh! You have to get this!" Davina said with her mouth open in awe.

"You look beautiful" Lucas said with a smile.

I couldn't believe the view in the mirror. Was this actually me? The dress was long and elegant and I couldn't believe what I was thinking but I looked hot. Like despicably hot.

"This is the one" I said with a twirl.

Davina clapped her hands and let out a sequel as I went back into the dressing room the change back into my clothes.

------------

(At home)

As I got out of the car I noticed car pull in the driveway and was worried for a second until I realized it was Ace's. He stepped out of the car and my eyes widened in horror.

His white shirt was covered in blood.

Was he hurt? I could feel my eyes swelling up and tears filling them but I did my best not to show them.

Davina ran over to him and ran over her hands over his body making sure he wasn't hurt.

"What happened? Are you okay! Ace! Answer me dammit!" she yelled at him while looking all over his body for any injuries.

For some reason he wasn't showing any emotion to her. He wasn't even looking at her. He was staring right at me.

If the blood wasn't his then who's was it?

"I'm fine" he said as he walked past her straight at me.

For a second I was afraid and stumbled back which made him show a hint of emotion in his eyes. Emotions I couldn't read, but then I remembered what Davina told me.

"What's wrong? Scared!" he hissed at me.

No. I really wasn't. I knew he wouldn't do anything to me.

I put on my confidence mask on and walked closer to him.

"I'm not. You're my husband. I know you won't hurt me" I said calmly as I threw my arms around him.

He immediately tensed in my arms and tried to push me away but I squeezed him further not letting him out of my grasp.

I wanted this marriage to work. He wasn't a bad person. He's just hurt and broken.

"What are you doing" he whispered quietly.

I stayed silent for a few more moments taking his scent. Not the scent of the blood but his remaining scent which wasn't mixed with the smell of blood.

Finally I let him go.

"I was holding you in my arms. I'm your wife and you looked like you need a hug." I said with a smile.

He looked at me like I was crazy but I walked past him and back to Davina wiping her tears. She also looked at me in a weird way but when I gave her a nod she finally understood what I was doing and smiled herself.

"Looks like you people took your sweet time." Ace said from being.

"Not my fault, blame the ladies." Lucas said with a shrug.

When we walked in the house there were 3 men on the sofa's. When I walked closer to the couch, the three men looked up to me with with their faces full of desire, which disgusted me for some reason.