Chapter 15: Admirer

Ava's POV

"Get up" I hear Ace say from behind me.

I tried to ignore him and act as if I was still asleep. It worked for a moment until the covers were thrown off me and he started to push me off the bed. Was he going to throw me off the bed? No way. I waited until I was at the edge and just as he was about to give me one last push for me to fall out I quickly pushed his hands away and sat up in bed.

"Okay, okay. What do you want?" I growled at him.

He looked at me with an emotionless face and grabbed my arm as he pulled me towards him until our lips were just a few inches away.

We were close. Too close.

"Don't test my patience. I can explode at any moment mon amour," he said with a smirk.

I brushed him off me and when he tried to pull me back to him I pushed his hands away.

"Don't call me that. And don't think I have forgotten our conversation from a week ago. I still think you're an asshole" I said rolling my eyes.

Suddenly I was pushed backward and shoved against the wall as he pinned my hands behind my back. He started planting kisses around my lips and down my neck making me shiver in pleasure. He then moved his mouth onto my ear and started to gently suck on it. He brought his hand down to my ass and pulled me up making me wrap my legs around his waist.

If it were the old, useless, and weak me, I would off let him go on and would off never stopped him. Hell, I didn't even want to stop him now. But he was the same asshole who loved torturing me. His fucking anger issues were the worst.

I removed my legs from around his waist and put my hands on his chest pushing him away from me. He didn't seem to like that as he ignored it and pushed his way back to me.

Okay, let's play.

I used up all my strength and pushed him away from me and turned him around pushing him to the wall. He looked at me confused but a huge grin spread across my face and I started to off his belt and zipper.

"Can you close your eyes?" I said calmly.

"I want to watch you amore," he said but I gave him the baby eyes and that did just the trick.

I waited a few moments before his face shifted impatiently. I brought my lip to his ears and licked it gently.

"Don't even dream about it" I whispered before walking away.

I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him pinning me back on the wall.

"I thought I already warned you" he whispered in my ears.

I tried to get out of his hold but he was too strong for me.

"We are going to a gala tonight. You are going shopping with Davina. Be ready at 7" he said before walking away.

"Dick" I muttered.

He stopped at the door and let out a chuckle.

"That I am," he whispered and then walked out.

I looked at the time. It was still 8:30. Damn it. Why would he wake me up so early? I need my sleep unless he wants me to be his worst nightmare.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I knew it wasn't Ace. He would barge inside no matter where he was. I walked over to the door and when I opened it I saw Davina and Lucas standing in the doorway.

"Umm. Hey?" I said confused.

What were they doing here? I didn't think we would be leaving this early and why was Lucas here? I thought it would be just Davina and me.

"I don't have any work today so I decided to join you and Davina. I had a feeling you hadn't had breakfast yet so we are going to stop at Starbucks on the way and then go shopping for your dresses," he said.

I nodded and then Davina stepped in and took my hand.

"We are going to find amazing dresses," she said with a cheerful smile.

She must have been in a great mood. I loved whenever she had a bright smile on. My day would get better just by looking at it. Since I moved into this house she and Lucas are the only people who have been nice to me.

"Can you please give me 15 minutes to wash up and get dressed?" I asked.

"Sure thing. Meet you downstairs?" Lucas asked.

I nodded and they both walked away.

I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower before choosing an outfit. It was going to be hot outside so I decided on wearing a short black a-line dress, a purse, along with some jewelry. I checked the time and realized it was now 9 which was more than the 15 minutes. I was late. I quickly ran out of the room and downstairs.

When I reached downstairs Lucas and Davina were standing by the door ready to wait for me.

"Oh my gosh! You look amazing." Davina said as she ran over to me and put her arm around mine.

"You do. Ace is missing out" Lucas said chuckling.

There was a car ready for us outside.

"Hello Mr. Ashford, Ms. Davina. and Mrs. Vitiello" my bodyguard Adrien said while he opened the door.

"Please call me Ava," I said entering the car smiling.

"You don't need to come with us. I will be with the girls the whole day" Lucas said.

Adrien nodded and walked away leaving us.

We reached Starbucks and the line was long. I thought we were going to wait in line but instead, Lucas walked up to the front pulling Davina and me along with him. Everyone in line started evil-eyeing us for skipping the line.

I decided on ordering a hot mocha with a blueberry muffin to go along with it. As soon as we sat down with our food we all devoured it until there was nothing left.

"So...how's Ace been treating you? You need me to kick his ass for you?" Davina said with a giggle.

"Eh. Same as always with his mood swings. We aren't getting anywhere." I said back.

"Really? How long have you guys been married now? Three months?" Lucas asked.

"Four months" I answered.

"Wow. That long? And he's still the same?" Davina said.

"Exactly. He's emotionless and treats me like an object. He makes me question all my life decisions." I said with a groan while throwing my head on Davina's shoulder.

"I've known Ace since we were kids and let me tell you this. He wasn't always like this" Lucas says.

Really?

"I know you don't believe us but Ace has been through a lot. He may act like a monster with no emotions in front of people but deep down he's still the little boy who lost his mother." Davina said before slapping her mouth with her hand.

"Crap. I don't think Ace wanted you to know that"

My heart dropped when I heard that. I wasn't sure why but it did.

"Don't worry, I won't tell him" I said assuring her. "If you don't mind me asking, how?

"I want to tell you. Believe me, I do, but I honestly want Ace to be the one to tell you. He'll tell you when he's ready. Just be patient, and try to get closer to him." she responded.

"It's okay. I understand" I said with a reassuring smile.

Get closer to him. Impossible. Ace hates my guts.

"Enough of this," Lucas said with a groan. "Let's get you, girls, your dresses.

Both Davina and I nodded our heads and quickly got up and threw our cups away and sat back into the car as we started driving towards the few shops Davina had noted down for us.