Chapter 27: Let Me Go

Ava's POV

I ran for my children.

And maybe I even ran for my life.

I didn't look back but there did I know where I was headed to. I just needed to be out of this house. As soon as I reached upstairs I suddenly recognized where I was.

Flashback

(6 years ago)

"Ace, please," I said with puppy eyes.

He shook his head no but  I wouldn't take no as an answer.

"Ace," I whispered.

He stared at me for a few moments before groaning and shaking his head.

"Fine, Ava you're going to be the death of me," he says as he pulls me in for a hug.

I had been begging for him to go to the beach with me for the past week. I would ask him every chance I would get. In the shower, in the kitchen, in the car, in our bed.

Our.

I smile at the thought.

"So when do we leave?" I say batting my eyes at him.

Damn I getting good at this.

He let out a laugh shaking his head.

"Whenever you want"

I cupped his cheeks and lightly placed my forehead on his. God, I am so in love with this man. I wish I could just stay in his arms and never let go.

"I love when you smile. It makes you look like a cutie." I said smiling to myself.

"Did you just call me a cutie?" he asks.

"Fuck no woman, I'm not cute"

I look up to see Ace's face bright and red as he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

No way.

No freaking way.

"Oh my god. Is Ace Vitiello blushing?" I laugh throwing my arms around his neck making him fall on the bed with me in his arms.

"I am not," he said pouting.

I laughed once again.

"So now you pout too?"

His face turns even redder and he closes his eyes shaking his head.

"Dammit Ava. You're making me go soft." he groans.

I kiss his right cheek. Then his right. Then his forehead, and then I plant a soft kiss on his lips with a sigh.

"Only for me" I whispered.

He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him as he moved one of his hands and slowly started to rub my back. He took a deep breath and planted a kiss on my neck.

"Only for you"

I smiled at his words. Only for me.

(Flashback over)

Present

The living room. The same one where-

Amore. What did I tell you about testing my patience?