Prologue

"Dad, where are my shoes?" Anara asks me from the hall. "Check in the cupboard Ani," I say loudly so that she can hear me. "I already have checked Dad. Why can't you come and search for it?" She asks hurriedly. "Okay, have breakfast till then" I serve her favorite pancakes and search for her shoes. "Mmmm, yummy. Dad, You are the best" she yells delightedly. "I know right? Make it soon Ani. You are getting late" I pat her shoulders. "Dad! That's because of jogging. I already have wakened late and you didn't let go of jogging just for one day" She rolls her eyes. Whenever She does that, it reminds me of her. "You've become lazy these days sweetheart. Stop complaining and wash your plate after you finish your breakfast" I say sternly. "Yeah Dad," she nods.

"Have you found them?" Ani asks me. "No" I shrug. "What!? How can I go now?" She whines. "With these super cool sneakers," I present her. "OMG, thank you so much Dad" She jumps with joy and grins from ear to ear. "How do you know that I need one," she asks me. "Because I'm your Dad" I wiggle my eyebrows. "You are the best, Dad" she hugs me tightly. I plant a kiss on her forehead and mumble "Love you, dear"
"Love you too Dad" she whispers back.

"When do you buy me a bicycle? I'm fed up with your driving" she pouts. I chuckle "Probably next month". "Why don't you gift me a bicycle for my birthday? It will be a great gift, Dad," she asks expectantly. Just then we reached her school. It's a 20-minute drive and she starts insisting that she needs a bicycle. I know it's an acceptable one but as a father, I'm a little worried about her because she's my everything and I can't risk her riding a bicycle in this heavy traffic.

"I don't go until you answer me" She looks away. She is adamant just like me. Nah, more like her. I pinch her ears and she winces giggling. "You have been too stubborn nowadays" she grins sheepishly. "There will be a surprise for you in the evening," I say. "Really?" She beams and I nod. "So, forget about the bicycle and have a nice day" I caress her hair. "You too Dad and I will be eagerly waiting for your surprise. Bye," She gets out of the car and goes to school. I can't believe that she's now thirteen and will become fourteen after 15 days. With a small smile, I head back to home.
______________________________________________________________________

"Dad, Can I open my eyes?" Ani asks excitedly. "Not yet Ani," I say. "I can't wait any longer. I'm open-" She's about to finish her sentence but I interrupt her by saying "Yeah, Now you can open your eyes" I announce. She is dumbfounded and doesn't speak a word. "How's the Surprise?" I ask her. "I'm sorry for being stubborn" She hugs me with the brim of tears in her eyes. "It's okay dear. After all, you're my daughter and you know what, I was more rebellious when I was your age" I hush her. "Really?" She asks with a slight surprise in her tone while wiping her tears. "Yes, and Come on go, Have a ride on your brand new bicycle" I cheer her.

"Sambalke" I have been seeing her riding the bicycle. "Wohooo" she's happier than I expected. "Come on Ani, there is another surprise waiting for you," I say. "Dad last round please" she pleads. "You heard me right" I fold my hands and she may realize what I have said a few seconds ago because she stops abruptly and asks "What? Another surprise!!" She exclaims.

"Dad, Are you planning to present me the birthday gifts in advance?" She asks me while I pass her a box. "Open it" I gesture for her to open the box. She nods and opens it. "Seriously Dad, A diary" She frowns and I smile at her. "Come here" We sit on the couch. "Ani, listen to me carefully" she nods. "You love your dad right?" I ask her. "Is it even a question?" She rolls her eyes. I chuckled "I have to go to Mumbai tomorrow," I tell her and she groans. "But dad-" she's going to say something but I interrupt her "Listen, Ani, it's important and it may take 15 days for me to return. Granny will take care of you. So be a good girl and behave politely, okay?" I ask her. "Yes Dad," she gives a tight-lipped smile.

"And here is a task for you" I take out the diary from the box and give her "It's not a normal diary. It's very important and special to me. Keep it safe. You have to complete reading it before your birthday and there will be a surprise for you on your birthday" I instruct her. She nods looking at the dairy.

"At what time are you leaving?" I smile and say "After I drop you in the school your Granny will arrive in the morning. You can go to school on your bicycle from the day after tomorrow" She's a little upset and I continue saying "Don't go anywhere without informing your Granny and remember your curfew, okay?" I ask her. "I will miss you Dad" she leans over my shoulder. "I will try to come as soon as possible Ani" I caress her hair.

***********

Hii there!! My lovely readers

Thanks for checking out this book

How's the prologue??

Are you excited to know about the diary??

Please vote if you like it and don't forget to comment

Happy reading -:)

*************
Copyright Statement

Copyright ©️ 2023 Meghana vinjamuri

All rights reserved. No part of this entire story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the creator of this work (Meghana Vinjamuri)

This story is the product of the Author's hard work and imagination, kindly respect.

*************
Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

*************