A meeting

Anara's POV...

It's been peaceful and serene. I want to be like this forever. But it won't last. Because every time I feel like this moment, someone certainly ruins it. Just like now.

I wake up to some murmurs and giggles near me. I don't understand where I am for a second. I sit up and look around my surroundings. Trees, people, kids playing see-saw. Wait, why are the kids playing on my porch? And why on earth do we have a see-saw on our porch? Daadi would definitely freak out to see these people in our house.

"Hey, kiddos, good morning" An old man greets me passing on his way. "Hii" I wave my hand to him awkwardly. Therealizelise that I am on the grass. Grass? And I am wearing someone's hoodie. Hoodie? Anyway, it smells good and it is a familiar one. I look aside to see Ani sleeping peacefully. Ani? Beside me? What's happening here? It nearly takes 2-3 business days for me to adjust to my surroundings. Just then I notice Ani's watch on his wrist and I am shocked to see what time it is.

Oh, God!! I am so dead.

"Ani, wake up. It's 9 already. We have to go" I jerk him but he whispers to let him sleep some more time. "Come on, idiot. We have a school to go to. Moreover, it's 9 already. We are running late. Daadi would definitely kill me for this" he closes his ears while I'm babbling. "What the hell!? I'm leaving" I get up and am about to go. "Wait, I'm coming" he gets up too. Finally.....(sighs).

"Could you ride faster? We've got to go and get ready for school. We could at least attend the second class on time, right?" I say. This time I sat behind him so that he could ride faster. But he doesn't go as fast as me and Ayesha. Speaking of which, Ayesha might have waited for us.

"You sure that we will go to our houses by evening," I ask him.

"Come on, I can't ride faster than this" I roll my eyes at him. Meanwhile, I catch a glimpse of a very rare sight of two people in one place.

"Ani, look at that. She is Sara, right?" I ask him out of curiosity.

"Where?"

Just then we are about to cross the house which is supposed to be Paayal's.

"Go slower, Ani" I yell.

"You got to be kidding me? A few seconds back you are the one who cries out to ride faster" He complains.

"Shit, we missed them. Did you see them?" I ask him.

"Who?"

I facepalm "Oh no, you missed it. Let's go back. They would be still there if I am right"

"Stop it, Ninja. We are now really running out of time"

"But Ani, I saw them-Paayal and Sara. Why is Sara at Paayal's house at this time? And when did they become friends? I doubt that Sara is up to something and Paayal....I don't know what's with her "

"Oh, God, Ninja. What's wrong with you? Why are you after these guys nowadays? You are exaggerating things?"

"But Ani-"

"Ninja, please. We don't have time for this. Your daadi might be worried about you"

The last line hits me hard. Daadi. Oh God!

"Okay, I'll be quiet" I agree with him but I should know what's with them later.
________________________________________________________________

"What the hell is that!?" I exclaim when I see two police cars parked near our house and a few constables at the gate.

"Did some robbery occur in your house yesterday?" Ani asks me.

"How could I know? I was with you the whole night. Moreover, if it's theft, the thief might not take a chance against my Daadi. You already know that right?"