You'll love this Place

Anara's POV......

Life is unpredictable. We never know what happens next. Who knows how lives can change in a few days? Who knows how life brings both surprises and miracles just like hurdles and tears? Who knows if there will be a cliffhanger in our lives just like in stories. Everyone has a story. Every life is a story and my story starts at the end of a person's story. My mom's life. Never in my life have I ever felt this guilty after I learned the truth about her. Never in my wildest imagination would I wonder that her life was at stake because of me.

Although my heart shattered into a thousand pieces, I am still breathing only because I met these amazing people and the family of Mom. They love me just as Mom loved me.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?"

I diverted my gaze from the car window as Dad interrupted my thoughts. Even though we had a great lunch together a few hours ago, it won't make me feel better. Nevertheless, I should appreciate their efforts to cheer me up.

"Nothing, Dad" I lean over Dad's shoulder and think about the diary. It's the only thing of mom I had.

"Tired?"

"A little"

"Really? You shouldn't be tired"

"Maybe I am"

"Come on, you still have something to see"

"What?" I sat straight as I heard it. I don't know how to take that. Like I should be worried or excited. I can't take all the sadness in a day. Dad knows that, right?

"It's okay, dear. It's not a bad one. It's a good thing that you are going to see it. Alright?"

"Yeah," I sigh in relief and lean back rubbing my face with my palms. For a while, my heart sank. It is not prepared for any other bad news. It's a long day anyway. Still, I need some time to process everything that happened today.

"I know. You are hurt. But this won't hurt you and I'm sure that it will make you feel better instead" Dad says like he read my mind. He might have understood how I was feeling and taken up all the things. How silly I am!! Who can understand me better if it's not my dad?

"How are you so certain about it?" I ask him instead of asking him where he's taking me next. I knew that he didn't mean lunch with Mom's friends before when he said that there was something he planned for me.

"Because it makes me feel more alive than anything in this world"

That piques my curiosity and urges me to ask him "What is it, Dad?"

"My Home...."

It must be a place that is so special to Mom and Dad. My curiosity bubbles up again and my brain starts functioning to anticipate it before we arrive there. I try to recollect everything I read in the diary and the answer hits like bolting.

Mussoorie....

Mom and Dad's special place.....

Dad saw her first time and they both fell in love when they.....yes. I know it. I put all the pieces together and figured it out.

"It is the place where mom used to narrate her stories, isn't it?"

His face lits up and he has a huge grin as I ask him excitedly.

"Yes. It is the place where I fell for a storyteller"

"And where your love story begins" I add. He nods at me smiling. I had never seen him this happy before. He misses her a lot. I could imagine the pain Dad felt these years. Earlier, when he told Pratheek's uncle that he might never have what he has today if he was in his place, I noticed the guilt in his eyes. I understand what he meant. But I'm not mad at him. He's right though. Mom should be his priority. He chose her against the world and everyone's will. His love is so precious and I am so glad that he still cares for me and loves me although I am the reason for mom's....