A coincidence

Author's note:

What do you think of the above picture?? Any guesses?? Guess what happens before reading the chapter??

You can share your guesses through comments.

Ps: The lines in square brackets in this chapter are the thoughts of Anara

"You look happy," Granny says while serving my dinner. "Is it?" I ask her smiling. "I was worried when I saw you crying in your room this afternoon" she sits beside me and serves for herself. "I lost something important. But I am fine now. Don't worry" I tell her. We then prayed before we start our dinner.

"Listen, little girl, Don't cry for something you've lost. Because if it's yours, then it will never leave you whether it is a person or a thing. It finds its way to come back to you no matter how long it takes. If it doesn't, then it will be better to forget about it because it's not meant for you and you have to move on" Granny says with all the seriousness on her face. "I will remember this in my lifetime," I say to her and start eating.

We are silent while eating and all this time I am thinking how this day becomes more interesting from disgust and irritation. Thanks to Granny for motivation. She is there for me every time just like dad.

"Anara, finish your dinner and sleep early. I am going to my room as I am exhausted" she says. "Okay, good night, daadi. Have a good sleep" I tell her. She's about to go but I stop her as I remember something "Daadi, wait. Don't you think that you've forgotten something?" I ask her. She smiles at me and says "Now, my little girl no needs to drink milk thrice a day. I know that she's not a little girl anymore. I believe that you're tough both physically and mentally" she caresses my hair and goes back to her room. "I have to admit that today is a miracle day for me," I say to myself with disbelief.

Anyway, I can read the diary now as Granny is asleep. Yet, I should be careful. Who knows she's doing it on purpose so that she could find out what I am doing after she sleeps. I slowly open the door and peeks into her room to see that she is snoring. After it is confirmed that she is in deep sleep, I go back to my room.

"Ufff!! Finally, I got a chance to read you again" I take the diary into my hands and plop on my bed.

In the diary....

<I still remember the day after I saw Tina in cafeteria>

That day,

I was so disturbed by the thought of Tina. She's one of the spoilt brats, who was dominating and creating an inferiority complex in innocent minds. I hate her wholeheartedly. Honestly, I hate the people of her mindset. Unfortunately, most of the people here are of the same mindset. Still, I love this college because it introduced me the people like Isha and.... Atharv.

Tina's back after a week. That week without her was so peaceful. The only thought that came to my mind whenever I saw her is 'How can a person be so mean'

[This character resembles Sara. Whenever I see her I feel like kicking her ass. But as a good girl promised, I never mess with her except for today. Whatever, let's read...]

She didn't leave any chance to insult me, humiliate me and I hate myself for being a coward to tolerate all her insults and humiliation.

[Oh God!! Why are you mum when she is doing that to you, Naina? If Sara behaves like that, then I would smack her face]

What can I do? I am a scholarship student, who came here for studies not for rivalry. I don't want to get in any drama or rivals and my tolerance was taken granted. I tried to stand for myself and miserably failed whenever I do that. So I chose to ignore her completely. That makes sense to me but not for Isha. She insisted to complain against her. But I didn't want to be in more trouble. She's upset about that but I made her understand the fact behind it.