Come Back Dad

Why isn't anyone at home? Besides, no one is attending my calls. What's wrong? I didn't even find the spare key. This day can't be better. It's already getting dark and I am too exhausted to stay over Sha's house. Everything is getting on my nerves. I am feeling annoyed, impatient, betrayed, and tired of this day.

Giving up, I dial Sha's number to stay over at her house until I get to know about my dad and Daadi.

Her phone is ringing so is my head. It is ringing with incoherent words. Why on earth has everyone abandoned me today? I cut the call and lifted my head only to see the reflection of the watchman approaching me with a knife in his hands on the front glass windows of our house. WTH!!

My brain stops working with the shock but I manage to escape from his attack. I kick him hard in his gut and run to my bicycle. But before I get on my bicycle he caught me by my hair. How the hell did he recover soon from my kick? I groan in pain and try to escape from his grip but he slaps me on my face. The slap was so sharp that I fell to the ground. My head spins for a while but I recover and notice the little blood at the corner of my mouth. Before I react, he tries to drag me to the van parked outside. Who the hell is he?

I struggle to escape but he drags me by my hair which is painful. He's about to push me into the van which I take advantage of to kick him again. I stomp my foot on his foot and in a brisk, I grab a huge flower pot on the wall near the gate and hurl it on his head.

Dang!!!

I ran as fast as I could followed by him. I can't believe that he joined as a watchman only to kidnap me not to protect me. And the irony is that Daadi appointed him to increase security. Daadi...you really need to enquire next time. Certainly, someone out there named Ahujas still has not given up on their retaliation. I take a turn and enter a narrow alley where I can see people doing their chores. Can't they see that a teen girl is being chased by a lunatic? Why do people behave like a wimp when it comes to rescuing others?

"Come on, you should give up by the time" I am currently hiding behind the trash can at the end of the street. I peep to see him searching for me. I should call someone to help me.

"Nononono..."I realize that I drop my phone at my house as I search for it in my pockets. Probably, my life is over. There is no way to escape from him. I should see my Dad once before I die.

I silently pray to God to save me one last time. My body is shivering out of fear and my heart is racing fast with each second passing by. He is slowly walking towards the trashcan and I grab the trash bag beside me getting ready to hit him. He's just a two-foot distance from me and I get my position with the trash bag in my trembling hands. I am about to get up and hit him but my fortune... he got a call and got distracted. I take this chance to sneak away from the street.

As soon as I reach the main road I stop an auto and hop in instantly.

When the autowala asks me where to drop me, I can't even form a sentence to speak. Finally, I managed to say the address of the hotel where Pratheek Uncle is staying.

I know that it's not safe to go to Sha's house when I am being followed by a kidnapper. So I decided to go to Uncle's place. He's still in this town, fortunately.

Meanwhile, I requested Autowala for his mobile to make a call. Firstly, I tried my luck with Daadi hoping that she would lift the call this time and I got lucky.

"Little girl...where are you? And whose number is this?"

"Daadi...please tell me where you are?" I barely try to hide my fear.

"Are you okay? Tell me where you are. I'll pick you up" she asks concerned

"I..I.. Just tell me the address"