The carnival night (Part I)

"You wait here and inform Sha about our arrival and tell her that we are at the entrance. I'll be right back" Ani looks for someplace to park my bicycle as I've already warned him how precious that bicycle is to me. It's one of the best gifts that I've got from Dad and I can't simply lose it with our recklessness.

I dialed her number and she answered the call on the first ring which explains her impatience in waiting for us.

"What makes you this long, guys? My feet desperately want to get away from this crowded grounds as soon as possible" she starts babbling without giving me a chance to speak.

"Easy, Sha. We are here already and I'm hardly trying to tell you that" Meanwhile, I catch a glimpse of her looking around for us at the other side of the entrance.

"Where?" She frowns. "Just take a look straight to your right," I say and wave my hand smiling as she finally notices me. As soon as she saw me, I could see all her anger fading away. She gestured her phone and told me to speak as we can't hear even if we speak louder in this bunch of teenagers. Even if it's a carnival in our small town after many years, we can barely see adults. Most of the ground is crowded with teenagers, especially from our school. I can see a lot of our classmates strolling here and there.

"You know what, you look amazing and entirely different. It's like I'm seeing a new Anara which I've never seen since we met" she says over the phone. "Oh, then I take it as a compliment and are you sure that I'm looking good?" I ask her while checking out myself again. "Positive. Do you even doubt it? And who is that behind you?" She asks me and I turn around immediately to see Ani who's standing at a very close distance to me. "Blimey!! Why is it always you scaring the shit out of me, Ani?" I hit his arm playfully.

"This is ridiculous. You are the one who scares me now, Ninja. I am about to tap your shoulder as you can't hear me screaming your name like a thousand times" he scowls. I roll my eyes and tell him that I am on the phone with Sha.

"Seems like you both are arguing" she giggles. "We both just startle each other" I frown. "He looks good. Isn't he? I haven't recognized him because of that" Sha compliments him.

"How silly!! You both are just like three feet away from each other and you are talking to her on the phone" Ani exclaims. "Hello, guys" Just then Sha approaches us with a huge grin. "You both look good together" We look at each other and I blush.

"You too look good too," Ani tells her and she smiles at him. "Have you noticed? We have something in common" She asks us excitedly. "Of course, we have a lot in common and which common are you speaking of," I ask her confused. "We all wear black" she giggles. Then I notice her dress which is a black floral print maxi. Not much black because of the floral print. Still, it's black and she's gorgeous today except for her eyeglasses. "Cool," Ani whistles and she grins. "Yeah, A coincidence I can say" I smile at them.

"Let's go somewhere less crowded before I become agoraphobic" Sha used to feel uncomfortable in crowded places perhaps she never came out much. The carnival looks breathtaking full of amusement rides, stalls, and people of our town. With a huge grin on our faces, we enter inside as Sha has already bought us entry tickets.

"Why are they always there to spoil the delightful atmosphere?" Sha grumbles. "Who?" Ani frowns and I look in the direction where Sha is glaring at.

"Hey, guys look what we've witnessed today?" One of Sara's minions howls and blocks our way.

"A bunch of losers" the other one spats at us.

"Hello, loser, why are you always with girls? Are you a girl too?" A short girl with a crooked smile humiliates Ani.

I clench my fist to punch her nose but I try to control myself and recall Daadi's words. I mentally repeat her words to control my anger.

"How dare!!-" But Sha loses her outrage and is about to lunge towards her but I stop her from doing so. I tell her that I promised Daadi not to get into trouble. Besides, I have planned something else for us. A happy one.