Breakdown

My eyes flicker as the warm rays of the sun enter the room waking me up and I don't know when I fell asleep. I feel weary as I didn't get proper sleep last night. My mind was awaiting the sunrise with all the never-ending thoughts and I spent most of the night tossing.

It feels relaxing when warm water is showering me washing away all the weariness and uneasiness. I quickly put on my uniform and get ready for school. I dialed Ayesha's number while having my breakfast. She doesn't attend my calls.

What's wrong? Did something happen to her?

I decided to check on her but just then I got a text from her saying that she needed to give Paayal a ride to school. As no one is there to accompany me, I ride to school all alone thinking about Ani all the way.

How could I face him? How can I start a conversation with him? Will he listen to me? How will he react when I say the deeds done by his father? Will he ever talk to me as before? Will we ever be friends again? All these thoughts are messing up my brain.

I halted abruptly as soon as a car passed before me.

My heart races for a while at the sudden encounter. I just missed crashing into a car. I haven't noticed the signal which might cause an accident. I am never like this. I was being careful whenever I rode even in heavy traffic.

He's messing up my brain. Literally.

As soon as I reach the school, I go on searching for Ani. But he's nowhere to be found.

Disappointed, I waited for him at our usual spot. It's almost time and the exam will be started soon. Yet I didn't find a trace of him.

What if he is still angry and doesn't want to see me?

I rushed to the hallways hoping that he wouldn't do such a thing. But he did.

My eyes darted to him as soon as I sensed him near me.

He's talking.... more like laughing with Sara and her minions. My heart breaks apart when he acts like I am unnoticed by him but in reality, he notices me when I freeze in my spot staring at him intently.

I waited for him to see me or to even notice me once again but he didn't...intentionally. And that's clear. He's still mad. I never thought that he was capable of being angry at me longer. But I don't give up on him that easily. I stride towards him.

I need to talk to him. I can't stay in peace until I clear out the things for him. But before I reached him, everyone rushed into the classroom as the exam bell rang. He took this chance to evade our talk and go inside along with them. One of Sara's minions smirks at me as Ani is ignoring me. I have a strong urge to wipe out that dirty smirk on her face by giving her a nice slap but it's not what I want now. I dashed into the classroom so that I could talk to him before the exam started.

I look for him on his desk only to see some others sitting in his place. What the hell? He has exchanged his seat with some other boy.

Idiot!!!

Why has been he doing this? He's just complicating things. I get a glimpse of him at the last desk just behind Sara.

Oh, God!!!

This boy is getting on my nerves. I look at them in despise. He should stop doing this before I lose my patience.

"Students, make it quick. Please get settled in your seats before the last bell rings" The invigilator enters the classroom leaving me no choice. I take my seat at my usual desk and hold the arm of the chair tightly to control my anger. Why is he acting like a douchebag!!!???

As soon as the students settled, the last bell rang signaling the commencement of the exam. I don't give a damn about my exam. All I want is to talk. Have a long talk with Ani and knock some sense in his brain. I sneak a few glances at him even after the exam starts but he doesn't even lift his head for once. He cares more about physics than me. Idiot!!!!