Chapter 10: Transformation

Frank Ocean - Chanel Slowed + Reverb

Sirius' POV:

    Lyria's leaving tomorrow. I hate it but I know it's for the best. She needs to learn about the wizarding world and to get control of her clearly powerful magic. We're all sitting in the living room, enjoying the little time we have left before the full moon comes out. Harry locked himself into the bedroom on the top floor. Remus always transitions when the moon is at its peak. I checked and tonight that should be around 10:30 so we have at least an hour. Both of them are on edge, the wolf gaining more control as time passes. Moony and I get up to make some hot chocolate. I never do it right but I don't want him to have to do much. I reach for the chocolate in the cabinet as Rem goes for the cream. As I'm breaking off chunks into the pot we hear and ear splitting scream. Both of us rushed into the living room to find Lyria curled up on the floor, still screaming. You can see the bones in her spine lifting, breaking, then resetting. Tears are rushing down her face, pain evident on her face. She looks up to me with a pleading look. Remus picks her up quickly and rushes outside while I lock the doors behind us. He sets her down gently in the forest behind the house. She's rolling from side to side on her back. The bones in her body are still shifting. Remus and I look at her hopelessly, knowing that there is  nothing that either of us can do to ease her pain but still wishing that there was. Before long, her appearance started to change. Claws ripped their way through her nail beds. Her ears extending and becoming pointed. I look over at Remus who is starting to change as well. It's still half an hour before he usually transforms but seeing his cub must make Moony more aggressive to start changing. I quickly shrink down into my animagus form, careful not to get caught as a human with two werewolves. Lyria has fully shifted and is looking at me with curiosity. I back up, careful not to agitate the new werewolf. Moony took a while to get used to us when we were kids. Just when I thought she was going to attack, her mouth opened and her large tongue fell out. Putting on a wolfy sort of grin. She gave me a look that was so Lyria that I knew that she was still partly aware, despite not having taken wolfsbane. Moony was fully transformed as well and was looking at Lyria in an odd way. Moony whined once before tackling Lyria in an affectionate way. This was Moony's first time seeing his cub. Ly barked in a laugh and wrestled back. She came at me too, and before long we were deep in the forest, chasing each other through the woods. Moony didn't even care that there was the scent of humans in the air. All he wanted was his cub and his mate.
    Moony grew tired before Lyria did. She chuckled in a way that I knew was an internalized old man joke. Moony was sniffing around, trying to find a spot to lay. Lyria, still excited to be with her family, chased me in circles around Moony. She finally caught up to me and tackled me to the ground. She was stronger than me after all. She shook her head to get the leaves off her muzzle before sauntering over to Moony. He had picked a spot and was laying down. Lyria curled in a ball in his chest. Moony wrapping his body around her to protect her from harm while she slept. The two fell asleep before long and when I was sure that they wouldn't get up again, I ran back to the house. On the back porch was a backpack with blankets and extra sets of clothes in the morning. Once I found them again I shifted back to my human form to wrap them each in their own blanket to avoid the naked awkwardness and bitter cold that would come in the morning.