Chapter 31: Changes

Lyria's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of soft fingers trailing along my spine. The touch was delicate. I opened my eyes and looked up to find Blaise looking down at me, a content expression on his face. His eyes betrayed him though. He was worried, bracing himself for something. I was shocked to say the least to find myself waking up next to a guy but just shrugged. I didn't really want to deal with an identity crisis today. My lips pulled into a smile and reached up to plant a kiss on his lips and sat up. He was shocked but accepted it. I lifted the blankets to find not a single ounce of clothing on me, or him for that matter. I chuckled and stood up to make my way over to my dresser. I could feel his eyes on my bare body but ignored it. I pulled a t- shirt I'd stolen from Pansy on and a pair of sweatpants after. I moved a few feet to my right to look in the full mirror leaning against my wall. My hair was in knots, I had hickeys all over my neck and chest. My makeup from yesterday was smeared across my face and my head was pounding. Damn I was a mess.

I snatched a hair tie from the windowsill and tugged my hair into a bun. I pulled the neckline of the shirt up higher to hide a couple of the marks but the rest couldn't be helped. I walked into the bathroom and dug around until I found the pack of muggle makeup wipes. I pulled the last one out and tossed the empty package into the trash and cursed. I was going to have to get more. I was aggressive as I rubbed the mascara off my cheeks and lipstick off the skin all around my lips. Once I was bare faced I opened the drawer under the sink and took a couple vials of potions. I knocked mine back and walked back into my room to Blaise who was staring at me, confused. I threw the glass container into the bed right by his hand.

"What's this?" He asked, eyeing the purple cloudy liquid.

"My version of a pepper up potion, now drink it." He huffed but complied. I could tell that he instantly felt better but he was too prideful to admit it. I just rolled my eyes. I plopped down onto the bed next to a sulking Blaise and kissed his cheek to cheer him up.

"I want to change my hair." I stated bluntly. His eyes snapped to me.

"What? Why? It looks so good like that!" He declared.

"Well thank you, but I'm bored of it." I twiddled with his fingers while I spoke. "I think I'll just charm it. Make sure I like it before I make it permanent, you know?" Blaise sighed but nodded. I perked up, smiling.

"I was thinking just above my shoulders, or maybe a full pixie. What do you think about colors?" I asked excitedly. Blaise put his hands on my shoulder and made me look at him.

"First of all, breathe." He waited before speaking, I took a deep exaggerated breath. He smiled and continued. "Start with just to your shoulders first, see if you can get used to the length. Your hair is so long right now." He wrapped a loose strand of hair around his finger. That bit alone went down to my ribs.

"Fine." I grumbled, pouting. He smiled.

A bit of Blaise's excellent charm work, and my constant badgering later, he was done. I turned around on the counter of my bathroom to face the mirror and I was shocked. It was shorter in the back and longer in the front. A dramatic slant down. The front stopped just above my shoulders but the back ended at the top of my neck. I'd argued with him about not changing the color and he eventually gave in. The tips were pure white, my roots staying black. The ombre was subtle but beautiful. I grinned brightly and tackled him in a hug. My arms on his neck, head resting on his shoulder, legs wrapped around his waist. He stumbled back a bit from the surprise of my assault but chuckled and hugged me back.

"I'm glad you like it." He said quietly into my ear.

He reached into his pocket, struggling not to drop me in the process and pulled out his phone. He stretched his arm out and opened the camera. I snuggled close to him, my face full of happiness. He smiled so earnestly, I felt a tug on my heart at the sight. For the second picture I gave into my mischievous side and stuck my tongue out and licked his neck seductively. I arched my back to make my curves pronounced and made daring eye contact with the camera. He laughed and took the picture. Both of us burst into a fit of giggles after the photo was taken.

"What are you laughing abo- LYRIA WHAT THE FUCK YOUR HAIR!" Pansy shouted when Blaise and I sauntered into the kitchen. His arm was around my waist which Draco eyed suspiciously but seemed to choose to pester us about it later.

"Calm down Pans, Blaise and I woke up early and I wanted to have some fun with my hair and he helped me. That's all, it's not even permanent, just a charm." That didn't seem to lower her excitement levels so I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon giving her all the details after she had pulled me into an empty room to spill.

A/N: Sorry guys, I know that this is a bit of a short chapter