Chapted 36: Discrimination

D is for Dangerous by Arctic Monkeys

"Come on Ly, hurry up already!" Fred called from the doorway.

"I am, now keep your eyes on the bloody door, will you?" Lyria snapped back while adding the last flooding charm to Umbitch's office.

George came running into the room, skidding to a halt in front of his brother and honorary sister. "Peeves is com-" But he didn't get the chance to finish before the school poltergeist came bouncing into the room. And he was actually bouncing, his body hitting the floor then the ceiling repeatedly.

He stopped when he saw the three students. "Oh look! It's a mini loony loopy lupin. Loony loopy lupin. Loony loopy lupin." He sang over and over before Lyria finally cut him off.

"Oh shut up already, would you?"

"Aw, maybe meany minnie needs to know about the rule breakers in here." He said to nobody in particular, though he did throw the occasional glare at Lyria.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you peevsy," she said with a wicked smirk.

"No? And why's that?" he said in a fake whine.

"Well as a Slytherin student, I do see the Bloody Baron on a regular basis." Lyria had a cool composure, something that would leave even the Dark Lord with goosebumps.

"And he does seem to have a respect for the Black heiress." Fred added on for her.

Peeves was getting paler by the minute, and that was saying something seeing as he was already a ghost. Lyria decided to cut him a little slack.

"However, if my secrets stay hidden, I see no reason to have a chat with the Slytherin ghost."

"Oh, yes yes. Nobody needs to talk to anybody. Carry on Mx. Lyria." Peeves quickly said before stumbling off to another corridor.

Lyria was a little shocked that he had called her Mx but just gave a little smile before turning back to her boys to finish the prank on the toad.

*

I stand alone by Godsmack

Harry was stomping away from the far end of Gryffindor table, mumbling angrily about how everyone was an idiot for not believing him. He was looking down at his shoes, so he didn't notice when his least favorite Slytherin was walking in at just the same moment. So, inevitably, the two bumped into each other. Lyria hardly budged but Harry tripped over his own feet and stumbled backwards. Lyria let out a short laugh at the sight but otherwise didn't say anything. When Harry looked up and realized who he ran into, he was pissed.

"Ew don't touch me fag!" He yelled out in disgust. Lyria looked affronted and quickly grew angry.

"The fuck did you just call me?" She snarled back, tilting her head while looking down at the insolent child.

"You heard me," he said, regaining his footing. He smacked her across the face before promptly wiping his hand off on his trousers as though there was something dirty and contagious on it.

Lyria snarled and as quick as lightning, shoved him back towards the table that was 5 feet away. His back hit the top and his robes were covered in food. This gained the attention of many Gryffindors. Harry quickly got back up and dropped his outer robes to his feet. He lurched forward and threw a punch straight to her jaw. The hit was weak however and she just laughed at his efforts. Lyria swept her foot out and across, swiping his legs out from under him. In the same moment she threw her opposite elbow out and hit him in the center of his chest. When he crumbled, it was clear that the air had been knocked out of him.