Chapter 41: Minty Blue

A/N: As a reminder, I have a playlist with all the music (in order) that goes with this story. My spotify is Haven - Taylor

That's Us by Anson Seabra

"Blaisseeeeeee!" Lyria pounded on the boy's dormitory for the third time. "Blaise Blaise Blaise Blaise Blaiseeeeeee" she continued.

The door swung open to reveal a very angry looking Blaise.

"Merlin, Lyria. The fuck do you want?" He asked, running a hand over his face.

She looked back up at him with the most innocent expression she could muster and batted her eyelashes. "Will you please do my hair?" She added a pout at the end.

Even though Blaise wanted to say no and shut the door in her face, he couldn't. He would do anything she asked of him and they both knew it. With a sigh he opened the door and let her in. Lyria practically skipped across the room she was so excited. When she turned around, she saw Blaise shirtless, in only his boxers and raising his hands above his head as he stretched. She tried not to drool at the defined lines on his abdomen and the ones by his hips that disappeared beneath the fabric of his underwear. Blaise caught her staring and blushed under the scrutiny.

He walked up and brought his arms around her waist and pulled her close, his cheek resting on top of her head. Lyria closed her eyes, relaxed beneath his touch and hugged him back.

"Goodmorning," Lyria mumbled into his bare chest. She could feel the rumble of vibrations coming from him as he chuckled.

"Goodmorning darling," he said back. Blaise placed a kiss on her temple before pulling back and looking her over.

She had little pajama shorts on and one of his hoodies that was way too big. Her hair was in a half ass'd ponytail and her face was free of makeup. His eyes couldn't help but linger on the scars on her thighs, they made him sad.

"What color do you want?" He asked.

His question had Lyria bouncing on the balls of her feet. Her face scrunched up as she thought through colors and styles.

"Minty blue," she said, her dimples popping as she smiled brightly.

The look on her face was one of childish excitement. She was so happy and carefree that all Blaise could do was smile back and lead her to his bathroom. Lyria hopped onto the counter and sat criss cross on the edge. She immediately began rambling about random, unimportant things as he got to work. He would occasionally ask a question about the length and style of her hair but other than that he just remained quiet as she spoke. He liked seeing her like this, it was such a rare sight. Lyria was always stressed and worked up about something that she never took the time to stop and enjoy herself.

After a half hour, he was done. Lyria's eyes brightened as she took in the sight in the mirror. Her hair was a bluish mint green. It stopped at her shoulders but there were lots of layers. She ran her fingers through it and played with it a bit. Lyria flipped around to give Blaise a hug before skipping out of the room and down the hall, making her way back to her own dorm to get ready for the day.

She rifled through her closet as she assessed her choices. Nothing seemed to fit her mood. Giving up on finding an extravagant outfit, she pulled out a pair of jeans and grabbed a soft cotton t-shirt. She realized that her arms would be exposed so she grabbed a thin black long sleeve shirt to go underneath. It was starting to get cold so she could get away with it. Pansy was still asleep in her bed across the room so Lyria dressed quietly. Realizing that she had too much time before breakfast, she grabbed her earbuds and went into the bathroom. She blasted music while she worked the products onto her face. Her fingers squeezed the beauty sponge under the running water. Lyria took her time as she buffed, blended and enhanced. She huffed as her eyeshadow protested being opened. Her fingers carefully drew lines of black onto her eyelids, the liquid liner dried quickly. Lyria stared at her options intently. Lipstick or no lipstick? Inevitably, she chose lipstick. When she was finally done, she stepped back into her room to find Pansy frantically trying to get ready in the short time there was before breakfast and classes. The dark haired girl looked up and let out a breath of relief.