Chapter 53: Pressure

"Ly, come on, let's just move on," Blaise pleaded.

Ly had ignored Blaise since the fight, especially once they'd seen him with Fae. He hadn't apologised, not feeling like he did anything to deserve one, and that pissed Lyria off. They were usually pretty quick to forgive their friends but they demanded respect first.

Lyria was, though they'd never admit it, jealous of that bitch Fae and her careless relationship with Blaise. They barely knew each other and their personalities blended together effortlessly. Blaise didn't know that Lyria had seen them together and he made no move to inform them. That was the real reason Ly was bitter. Blaise was hiding his friendship with that girl and it made them suspicious.

Nobody in the friend group was all that happy with Blaise right now. Ly refused to say anything about what had happened, and so did he, but they knew that if Ly hadn't forgiven him yet, then he did something worth their disdain.

Lyria had been relaxing in the common room, sitting on the same couch they'd seen him with Fae on just a couple of days ago when Blaise had started his persistent plea for the two to get past the fight and move on. Well, plea wasn't exactly the right word, because Blaise didn't feel that he'd done anything wrong so it was more of him wanting to go back to how things were and forget the argument ever happened. But despite past events, Lyria wasn't one to really ignore their problems.

And though Lyria didn't hold grudges often, when they did, you were lucky if you could ever get on their good side again and Blaise seemed to realise that. Hence the irritating and flimsy one sided argument on why they should make up. Lyria thought that Blaise was probably just horny and needed to get his dick wet.

When Lyria didn't respond to his antics and gave no reaction when he placed his hand on their thigh affectionately, he huffed and gave up, frustratedly walking away. Blaise was irritated, and wanted to make Lyria hurt, because he was an incompitant man who didn't know how to process his emotions in a productive way. He found Fae working on her homework a few tables away and decided that the best way to get back at Ly, was to do the one thing that would hit deep, sleeping with someone else. 

Blaise worked his charm on Fae, and although she could see it for what it was, she didn't really mind. She'd been so focused on her coursework that she hadn't given herself the time to enjoy the casual things in life, and Blaise was a great way to fill that gap, for now at least. She knew that Blaise probably had feelings for her, but that was honest to the gods, never going to happen.

She would flirt with him, sleep with him, laugh with him, but she'd never date him. He was lacking a few key necessities on her list, but that didn't mean that he couldn't be fun for the time being. She knew that she'd probably end up hurting him in the end, but honestly, who gains feelings for someone so easily, he was like a lost puppy.

Fae didn't let her conscience take up too much space, seeing as he was using her too. He came running when him and his girlfriend, or whatever he and Lyria were, had gotten into a heated argument. Now, when he'd tried to regain they're favour and received nothing but a harsh rejection, he came crawling over to her. Blaise wasn't as slick as he thought he was.

Blaise huddled close to Fae, paying far too much mind to the simple arithmancy problems on her paper. He teased her when he caught a mistake and she shoved her shoulder into him while correcting it. Fae sort of felt sorry for Lyria, having to see the two of them as they were, but it's not like Fae was going to stop for someone she didn't even know. Fae was very much a morally grey witch.

Lyria took one look at the pair and returned to her phone. The sound of the cackle as they placed their lips to their novo and inhaled muted the unwanted noises. Lyria pressed the triangle in the corner of the screen to resume playing their music. Eminem played through the speakers in their ears as Lyria let the fuzzy sensation of the nicotine working through their system calm them. They didn't want to let anyone see that Blaise's actions caused a reaction from them. Lyria wouldn't get mad, and wouldn't get sad. They wouldn't leave the room and wouldn't stare at the two. Lyria looked as unbothered as ever as they tapped through their snapchat stories.