XLIV - Sage

Why do y'all wanna fight me? I said I was sorry beforehand.

Look at that y'all :(. I cried a lil writing this chapter. You guys can play the song as you read.

Excuse any mistakes.

"Momma he ain't say what I think he did right

"Momma he ain't say what I think he did right. I know he ain't say that momma," Sage shook her head.

"He ain't say that ma. That ain't Kentrell. I talked to Kentrell not too long ago. It's not Kentrell. It must be a mistake," Sage nervously laughed.

"It's not Kentrell, it's not Kentrell," Sage mumbled to herself. All three were in shock. Emara had to pull over.

"Calm down Sage baby," Emara whispered rubbing Sage's shoulder.

"I'm calm momma. I'm gonna call him," she nervously tapped her screen as she headed to the phone app and searched for Kentrell's number. It didn't take long seeing as he was in her favorites. She tapped the contact once, watching as it began calling and put it on loud speaker.

"Hey....."

"Kentrell are you -," Sage began but got stopped by the continuation of his voicemail. She always fell for it and she would almost laugh if the situation wasn't serious.

"Yeah I'm not here right now. *laughs* You can call me back later though. Kentrell out."

"I'ma call Gina. Maybe she knows something," Sage fumbled to find Gina's contact.

"Baby, baby calm down,"Emara reached over and wrapped Sage in a hug watched her break down in tears.

"Momma he not supposed to die. Momma he ain't dead. He said he wouldn't die mom. He said he wouldn't die. Ma he not supposed to be dead. He not even involved in nothing."

Emara sadly held her daughter as she watched her daughter break down with heart wrenching sobs.

"You know Maeve works at the station. How about I call her and ask her baby," Emara said referring to her long time friend Maeve who was deputy chief at the station on Thomas block.