XXXI - Adonis

Sometimes I wished I had one those African names that were hard to pronounce but so damn beautiful. But I love my name anyway. Be confident about your names guys. The name isn't a representation of you even if it's common or attached to someone who you are not fond of. You will give your name new meaning and representation.

"So Mr Salaam," Detective Reid began taking a seat on the side of Adonis' desk

"So Mr Salaam," Detective Reid began taking a seat on the side of Adonis' desk. Adonis had led them to his office to speak as he didn't need everyone knowing his business. Detective Samuels was walking around and examining everything in the office.

"Where were you on the night of November 7th, 2016? Specifically between the hours of 10pm and 11pm," the detective held his notepad in his hand and relaxed into Adonis' brown leather seat.

"How is my whereabouts on that night relevant to this investigation?" Adonis asked relaxing into his seat. He was there that night and he didn't want to lie. This was his best bet yet.

"We believe you have a connection to this case," Detective Reid said and looked back at Detective Samuels briefly.

"So I am a suspect." Adonis stated not waiting for a reply.

"Why am I suspect sir?"

He was being polite but the detectives could see that he was going to give them a hard time. He was a smart black man. Someone they knew would give them hell.

"He hung around with you and the other two termites a lot before he died."

"May I ask why you have referred to my friends, two black men who from my knowledge are not being a menace to society, like that," Adonis smirked. He was given two fools. They underestimated his intelligence because of his race and he was about to play with them.

"My apologies," Detective Reid replied non apologetically.

"Apology not accepted sir. Sorry means nothing. I would like to speak with your captain regarding your behavior as I believe your statement not too long ago is a representation of your feelings towards my race and as such this investigation will be corrupted as there is evidence of bias."

The detective got up angrily. They hadn't engaged in the discussion long enough before he had fucked up. He walked towards the door with Detective Samuels behind him.

"This conversation isn't finished. I will be back for you nigger," the detective turned to him and sneered.

"Oh whatever," Adonis flashed them off and rolled his eyes, "close my door gently. If you break it, you'll have to work a lot of hours to be able buy it."

Detective Samuels slammed the door behind her and Adonis chuckled lowly upon feeling the vibrations. This wasn't a happy laugh. He was fucked for real this time.

Then he remembered James, James and Nelson and he smiled. They had one of the best reputations in the state and hardly any losses.

Adonis pressed the telephone on his desk. It was only for the strip club and all business relating to it.

"What's up boss?" The sound of Tommy's voice came through.

"Get me James, James and Nelson on the line. Specifically Mr Chance James. And print some flyers looking for new strippers and send them out."

"Yes boss," Tommy replied and Adonis cut the call.

Adonis' phone dinged with a message from Tommy saying that the line was through and he picked up the phone.

"Good afternoon. I am Marcy for James, James and Nelson. How may I be of assistance to you?" Adonis noted that Marcy's voice was very chirpy.

"Good afternoon Marcy. I am Adonis Salaam. I would like to set an appointment to speak with Mr Chance James."

"The only available time will be on Tuesday of next week at 8:00 am. He charges $1500 an hour for his service."

"That is not an issue Marcy. Please set the appointment," Adonis relaxed in his chair and placed the phone in the crook of his neck before taking up a pre rolled blunt and lighting it.

"Ok Mr Salaam. Your appointment is set for next Tuesday June 27th at 8:00 am. Please be on time."

"Yes thank you," Adonis hung up the phone and let out a puff of smoke. This was going to be exhausting and he dreaded it. He could tell that the detectives had evidence against him but nothing substantial enough to charge him. He needed to speak with Mr James. It would only be a matter of time.

Meet at Ms Vito's at 6. I need to speak with you.

Sage 🖤
Ok.

A nigga wasn't ready for this. Adonis closed his eyes and slumped further into the seat. He would deal with club's business later. For now he just needed to relax.

•••••
I was going to make a Sage chapter but I decided against it. You'll get her next.

And I'm 16.

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

November 25, 2020