XXVI - Adonis

"Wassup best friend stealer?" Sage turned around to give Tristan the middle finger

"Eat my ass Tristan," Adonis' face cracked a smile at Sage's reply.

"See lil baby, we could do that. But you for my nigga right here so that's outta the question," Adonis nodded his head in confirmation as he held Sage's hand so she could walk through some of the people that were there without getting lost.

"How many time I gotta say that he's my best friend?"

"Until we believe it," the reply came from Kashmir.

"Don't talk to me today Assmir," they were finally at the doorstep so Sage turned to put her hand in Kashmir's face.

"Your lil ass will get fucked up out here ground seasoning," Kashmir moved Sage's hand out of his face while Adonis pushed the front door open.

"How can I be little if we the same height. Wouldn't you be little too."

The entire living room burst out laughing at what she said. She hadn't even noticed the people who were sitting down before.

"Come on," Adonis pulled her hand and led her to the kitchen.

"Mom," Adonis shouted.

"Cabrón always calling my fucking name," Mila muttered loudly which earned a laugh from Sage, "I'm in the pantry Adonis."

Adonis only shook his head. When his mother came out of the pantry he watched as Sage's mouth fell open at the sight of her. Adonis could tell that she was amazed by his mother's beauty.

"Hello I'm Sage. It's nice to meet you Ms Mila," Sage extended her hand to shake Mila's.

"Hola Sage. You are muy bonita. Call me Mila. Ms Mila sounds too old."

"But you are too old."

"Shut the hell up boy. I'm only forty. Sage how did you become friends with this idiot here. He got a big ass head and not much sense," Mila told Sage.

"Ma my head ain't big."

"Whatever you wanna tell yourself boy," Mila replied before going into the fridge.

Sage turned to look at Adonis who had a scowl on his face and she smiled. She like the bond between him and his mother.

"Sage get whatever you want to eat. It was nice meeting you but now I gotta go relax. My left foot isn't very good. Let this idiot bring you over another time so we can talk," Sage nodded and told Mila bye.

"But you ain't old tho," Adonis mumbled under his breath but it was loud enough for Mila to hear.

"Don't play with me boy. I will smack your lil ass. And you and Kearra better clean up this place when you're done."

"Yes mamá," Adonis mumbled as his mother walked away.

"Negro you're only gangster in front of your friends. Your mama put that lil ass in check," Sage laughed to Adonis while grabbing two plates and making them.