III - Adonis

Excuse all mistakes

Adonis walked inside Ms Vita's restaurant. He walked straight to the counter not even bothering to pay attention to the women fawning or the giggling school girls at the end of the booth.

"Adonis baby," Ms Vita exclaimed smiling. She came from behind the counter and hugged Adonis.

"I haven't seen you in a while Adonis. What's been going on baby?"

The people behind Adonis began getting agitated. One was even complaining.

"Oh hush," Ms Vita fanned them off.

"I've been busy Ma. The strip club requires a lot of attention along with the other businesses."

Adonis loved Ms Vita a lot despite them having no blood relation. He also called her Ma as she was a grandmother figure in his life. When he was younger and his mama didn't have any food he'd always go over there with his sister to get something to eat.

"I forgot you're a big shot now," Ms Vita smiled.

"Yes Ma."

"So what do you want today baby? Anything you want will be on the house."

"Lemme get a plate of stewed oxtail with rice and peas and some vegetable."

Ms Vita was Jamaican. She had migrated to the US when she was just eleven and had lived there till now.

"Coming right up," Ms Vita went to the back to prepare Adonis' food. She didn't want any help from her other workers. She'd handle Adonis' food herself.

"Hey Greek," Kendra waved. Adonis looked Kendra up and down before mugging her. As long as he'd known Kendra she always spoke to him whenever she saw him.

"Hey," he normally wouldn't give her the time of day but he wouldn't disrespect her in Ms Vita's restaurant.

On cue, Ms Vita came out with a large paper plate of Adonis' order.

"Lemme get a water too Ma."

Ms Vita removed a Fiji water from the glass refrigerator before handing it to Adonis. Adonis handed her a hundred dollar bill.

"No Adonis. I can't take this. The food is on the house," Ms Vita shook her head trying to give the money back to Adonis.

"No Ma. Take it. This isn't anything compared to what you did for Kearra and I."

Ms Vita tore up a little.

"I'ma catch you later Ma," Adonis reached over placing a kiss on her cheek.

Adonis headed for the door. His breath stopped as she walked in. Her curly hair was out. She had on a simple t-shirt and jeans but she made it look good. She was slim but with a nice body. Her skin was like smooth chocolate. An exotic beauty. Damn.

She didn't see him. He wished she would. He was just as beautiful as she was if not more. He wanted her to be as star struck at his beauty as he was at hers.

He walked up to her. Confident in his ability to get her number. He was going to make her his. And that was that.

"Hey I'm Adonis."

Her breath caught too at the sight of him. He smirked. He was pleased at her reaction. Her face quickly changed. The star struck expression was gone. Her resting bitch face was back on.

"Is that a joke?" She questioned. Even her voice was nice. Damn again.

It wasn't the first time people thought he was joking when he said his name. They thought he was conceited even though he had the beauty to match.

"It's not a joke. I can assure you," he gave her a full blown smile. She had that star struck look again when he flashed his pearly whites.

"My friends call me Greek tho."

He could hear her mumble a damn under her breath.

"What's your name?"

They were standing in the middle of the restaurant at this point. Completely entranced by each other's beauty.

"I'm Sage."

He may have met the love of his life. Her voice was nice. She was beautiful and her first name sounded nice with his last name.

"I like your name Sage. I don't hear many people with that name."

She grinned. All of her teeth on display.

"I know."

She was cocky too. He noted.

"Put your digits in my phone," he handed her his phone, "I'ma text you later."

Sage took his phone from him and saved her number in his phone. Sage accompanied by a black heart. Sage 🖤. She handed his phone back to him.

"Next customer."

Their moment was interrupted. Sage was next. She moved up in the line.

"I'll see you around," Adonis smiled. Sage could only nod her head.

•••••••••

How was the chapter?

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

July 24, 2020