V - Adonis

There she was again

There she was again. Fine as hell. Adonis bit his lower lip.

"So I can't get a hug."

Adonis was hoping she'd hug him but it was not to be.

"Boy I don't even know you like that. I only met you once."

"A nigga could hope. Whatchu doin' here?"

"I'm picking up my car."

"Oh. Cool. Cool," Adonis nodded his head.

"Sage Anders?" Sage turned around to James who had called her name.

"Yes?"

"Your car isn't ready as yet. Come back next Friday. It'll be ready by then."

"Okay," Sage smiled, "I'll see you around Adonis. Let's go A."

"I'll see you Sage," Adonis smiled.

•••••

"Hey Mama," Adonis kissed his mother's cheek.

His mother, Mila, was Latina. She was born in Mexico and moved to the US with her parents when she was five. She stayed in Texas for a while then her parents and her moved to Harlem when she was nine. They were poor immigrants, could barely even afford meals. Her dad was young and ended up joining some Latino gang. He had died along with her mother right in front of her eyes when she was 14 after a home invasion. Mila joined the same Latino gang when she was 15 in hopes of getting revenge for her parents but instead she fell in love with Adonis' father, Demetrius, from a rival gang. They had Kearra when she was 17 and both were barely making any money. When Kearra was two, Demetrius was killed in a drive by shooting while Mila was three months pregnant with Adonis. She moved to Compton with Kearra while pregnant with Adonis in hopes of not suffering the same fate as her boyfriend and with hopes to provide a somewhat better life for her children than what they had in Harlem.

"Why are you here hijo?"

"What do you mean, 'why am I here?' mama?" Adonis made his way over to the kitchen.

"I mean," Mila followed after her son, "why are you here?"

Adonis faced his mother giving her a look.

"What if mi novio was to come over?"

"Novio?" Adonis questioned, "you got a boyfriend mom."

"Of course niño," Mila flashed her hair, "I look too good to be at home single and rotting away. Call me Stella cause I'm getting my groove back."

Adonis cut his eyes at her before opening the fridge door and pulling out some pizza that Mila had in the fridge.

"Hurry up and eat boy. Then leave. I can't have Rodrigo coming over and seeing you. He'd think I was old seeing me with a son as big as you."