XLVII - Sage

Hey guys. I'm not really back but I needed to update for you guys. I'm barely on Wattpad these days and sometimes I have no idea what to write but today I checked and we're number 2 in romance and number 3 in love. That's very high. I want to thank you guys. If you don't follow me, you should lol. Every once in a while I give updates on what's happening why I'm not updating or when I'll update. Also 12th grade is okay I guess. I only like computer science. I think I'm detached from the other classes a little. And I did well in my external exams. Very very well.

Very short chapter
Excuse all mistakes

     Very short chapter  Excuse all mistakes

Dear Kentrell,

Dear Kentrell,

You know Youngboy stole your name lol
Finna beat his ass up
Cause there's only one Kentrell
Shit that was lame
I started listening to his music
For the sole fact that his name is Kentrell
It was aight
That bitch Gina tried to talk to me too
Didn't even answer her
You know real niggas don't forgive
Sike I'm kidding
Just couldn't get over what she did to your long neck ass
I've been delaying for a little while lol
Cause I ain't know how to tell you this
Ain't no cure for pancreatic cancer
Doctors say Kayden got two weeks the most
Yo daddy broke down up there at the hospital
Talking bout some he finna take his own life
But I reminded him that he got your other brothers to live for
I don't talk about God much
People always talking bout he gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers
I'm weak asf, I ain't no strongest soldier
I think about ending it all a lot
But I say no, because you'd hate me for it
And I gotta be a lawyer first
And find out who did this
I swear Ken, they'll be rotting in jail
I've already started
Anyways I love you, no gay shit
You is da bro

Ttyl, Kentrell

P.S. Momma made that gumbo and idk if I'm glad you ain't here to eat it all. Love you

Sage closed her diary before putting it on her nightstand. After Kentrell's death it has become her best friend. She was emotionally detached from everything. She didn't eat much and developed insomnia.

The sound of her phone ringing brought her out of the trance. She glanced over to see that it was Chance James calling. He had just had his sit down with Adonis.

"Hey Chance," Sage answered the phone, "what's up?"

"Hey Sage. It's gonna be more complicated than we thought."

Sage grew alert at that.

"What do you mean?"

"So I did some digging. Turns out Rico had over 60% of the LAPD on his payroll and 3 prominent judges. Without participation in the case, they can even sway the decision. The prosecution is offering us a deal."

"What's the deal?"

"Twenty years without probation."

Sage shook her head fiercely at the sound of the deal.

"Nah there gotta be something else. There has to be. What's the other options?"

"The other option is we go to trial," Chance answered.

"Okay we'll do that. What's the problem with that?"

"The problem is that they linked the bullet back to the gun they believed Adonis used and Adonis' fingerprints are all over it."

"But how, he didn't kill that man."

"No he didn't and neither did he touch that gun. He was at the crime scene the time it took place but he wasn't the one who committed it. Rico's dad did but because he was young and ran with the crowd, unbeknownst to him they framed him for it. Not to mentions that the gun is unlicensed and there's a pending drug charge. I also believe that the prosecution are lobbying for a jury trial where they could paint the black man who is Adonis as a threat to the public."

"This is worse than I thought," Sage whispered to herself.

"Can we get him out on bail?" Sage asked in a desperate attempt to get Adonis out so they could all work on their plan together. He wasn't allowed phone calls and she couldn't wait for Sundays only to be the only day she saw him.

"The bail hearing is set for Friday Sage. I just know that the judge will charge an astronomical amount for the bail. It seems that everything is against Adonis in this moment. I do have to ask you however, will Adonis be able to pay the bail? I know this may sound disrespectful but i don't intend for it to be. It'll be no less than $200,000. Will he be able to afford it?" Chance asked.

"Yes he will." Whilst helping Adonis out at The Relaxation Palace, his spa (previously mentioned in the first couple of chapters) she'd gotten a glimpse into his bank accounts and safe to say, he wasn't anywhere broke. That boy had 8 figures in his bank account.

"Okay good. Now listen up, I know you have school but in preparation for this case, there's a few things I want you to do."

•••••

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

November 24, 2021