3 | Viola Moreno

Audrey Garcia

Today is the day of the mission. Everyone is currently in the meeting room and I just came out of my bedroom after changing into something comfortable. The house is practically empty since everyone is either attending the meeting, or outside training. I walked down the stairs but stopped halfway down the staircase as the sound of heels tapping on the ground was heard. There are no women that work in the mafia or live here other than me, I'm the only female apart of the Spanish Mafia, so who is that?

Quickly, I ran back up the stairs and grabbed a gun I found placed on a shelf in the hallway. Running back, I his behind the wall beside the staircase. My gun was loaded and I was ready for any attack.

The footsteps got closer and closer, and the sound of heels tapping onto the ground kept getting louder the more they got closer. Once I saw the shadow of the person's figure on the floor gettong bigger as it came near me, I jumped into the open and pointed the gun straight at their head.
Once I recognized the person I am holdimg a gun to, I sigh in relief.

"Holy fuck, Viola! You scared the living shit out of me! What if I almost shot you!" I lowered my gun, and took in a deep breath. "If you did, then I'd haunt you when I'm dead." She joked, "Now give me a hug, I miss you so much!" She had a wide smile on her face, and opened her arms for me to jump in and hug her. I gave her a light and playful shoved on the shoulder before hugging her.

Viola Moreno is my bestfriend, we have been for 10 years now. We met when we were ten. Her father left her mother when he found out she was pregnant with Viola, and Viola's mother had no choice but to send her to an orphanage at the age of 4 because she wasn't able to take care of Viola.

When Viola was 10 she snuck out of the orphanage and got kidnapped by one of the people that work for us. While she was trapped here, I used to sneak to the room she was trapped everyday and play with her. I never had friends since I was homeschooled my entire life, and I really wanted to make a friend and do fun things best friends do together. We eventually became inseparable after three weeks, and my father allowed her to live with us since she had no family. He took care of her like she was his own daughter, and she was like a sister to me.

A way better sister than my very own.

"I missed you!" I pulled out of the hug, "But weren't you supoosed to be back in 2 weeks?" I put the gun away. "Oh so you want me gone for longer? Guess you didn't actually miss me." She sarcastically spoke. I gave her a glare.
"I came back from Los Angeles a few weeks earlier because there was some changes with the schedule." She shrugged. I nodded.

Viola doesn't work for the mafia, instead she is working on fashion. Its her passion.

She loves designing dresses. One day she was at a cafe across town, and decided to design dresses for fun. This may sound cliche, but her paper flew from small breeze of the table and someone caught it. He said she had such great talent and a very unique vision, and that he knew a professional fashion designer that can help her make her creations come true. When she was accepted and signed a contract with a well known fashion designer, he gave her an offer to go with him to LA for 6 months and work with him. She helped him design fabulous dresses for many famous and well known events.

But Viola does help us around in the mafia sometimes. Before she discovered how much she loved designing clothing, and before she started working on starting her own fashion company, she used to train with me. Viola knows how to use a gun and dagger, and she knows how to fight in case she ever gets into a physical fight.