28 | Bride

Audrey Garcia

I'm staring back at a girl in the mirror wondering who is she?

She wears a long bridal dress, her dream wedding dress. Her hair is done in perfect waves, her make up done flawlessly, she is glowing. But I don't seem to recognize her?

Is she me?

She looks so happy.

One year ago, that woman standing in the mirror was somewhat lost, but never showed that. She put on a confident act, fooling everyone into thinking she is that perfect girl no one can break down. But she wasn't, on the inside she was grieving the loss of her mother, soon enough the loss of her father too. She was doing everything she can to be perfect at everything she does.

She never let love get in the way of anything.

But what happened?

Ah, yes. She met Carlos Del Rosso.

His charm never fails to make a girl fall for him. He is confident with his words, his actions. He knows how to attract a woman, he uses it to his advantage sometimes. He comes off as egoistic sometimes, self-centered.

But in reality, he is the sweetest person ever. When he loves a woman, he cares for her with his whole heart and soul. He gives her everything, the moon, the sun and the stars, because to him, that's what she means to him and more.

When he loves a woman, he loves hard. He pours his heart into the relationship, gives her the attention she deserves, shows her his love with acts of service.

He is the man every woman dreams of.

And I, Audrey Garcia, am the lucky woman to have him for the rest of my life.

"You look stunning," Viola says softly, as she stands behind me and rests her head on my shoulder, "You look unreal, drop dead gorgeous, beautiful, mesmerizing.. perfect."

"Thank you, V," I giggle, "And you look amazing aswell."

"You don't understand how happy I am you picked me as your maid in honor. Holy shit, I might piss my pants out of excitement." Viola and I start laughing.

I step aside and let her take a look st herself in the mirror, watching her as she twirls around in her red dress. She has her hair done in a low bun, with strands loose and hanging around the frame of her face.

I face the door when I hear a knock, and find Elena making her way into the room. She looks at me in awe, as she slowly makes her way towards me. She gives me a soft smile as her eyes trail up and down the dress. "The dress looks stunning on you," She says as she takes my hands in hers, "You look beautiful, and I'm beyond excited for you to be my son's wife, and my daughter-in-law."

"I can't wait to be part of the Del Rosso family," I smile at her.

"Oh, sweetheart," She says, "You've always been part of the family." Elena pulls me in for a hug, holding me tightly. Her scent has become more familiar, easing me.

When we pull away from the hug, I take in deep breaths, relaxing myself. I feel nervous and anxious, scared even. But these feelings must be normal.