15 | "Ti voglio bene"

Audrey Garcia

It's raining once again.

The time on my phone reads 9:58pm. This day just won't fucking end. The car ride back home is silent and so is the walking back inside home.

Carlos and I both walk into the house and all the lights are off. There is only one room with dim lights on, and its the kitchen. "Everyone must be asleep." Carlos whispers as we slowly walk towards the dim lights come from the kitchen. I hear the sound of a cabinet opening and closing and quickly freeze.

We both hide behind a wall separating us from the kitchen and random sounds continue. "I know you're there, fucker." I hear no one but Vanessa speak. I cringe at the sound of her voice. I slide away from the wall and reveal myself to her, and find Vanessa holding a glass of wine.

"Cheers to tonight!" She giggles, then raises her glass up and takes a sip of her red wine.

I stare at her with disgust. Apathetic, self-centered bitch. "Are you fucking mental?" Carlos spat as he moves foward to stand behind me.

Vanessa scoffs and takes another sip of her wine. "Dad is on the verge of fucking death, if you didn't know." A bitter smile forms on my face. But Vanessa doesn't look like she gives two fucks, let alone one. She continues to drink her wine, and when her glass is empty, she refills it.

"I know." She says so casually before taking another sip of her news glass of red wine and leaves lipstick marks on the cup. She leans on the counter and the hem of her dress slides up along her thigh a little. Another sip of red wine is taken before she takes a in a deep breath and let's it out.

"Who do you think planned on killing him?" She says, "Victor?" Vanessa let's out a forced laugh, "That old man whore is slowly decaying and already lost a bunch of what little brain cells he has from all the drugs he takes and weed he smokes. He can't come up with a good plan to save his life anymore these days."

What she is saying should affect me, but I can't feel myself move or think. I can barely feel myself breathe. "His son is even worse than him. Such a stuck up hoe who thinks with his dick." She scoffs and brings the glass cup to her mouth to take another sip.

I'm as silent as ever and so is Carlos. He is looking down at me with a concerned but worried look, and Vanessa continues to talk. "You're probably wondering how I got in contact with Victor,-" I'm not "-or not. But anyway, can you believe how amazing he is? He flew all the way to Spain to find me, just to get in contact me!" She laughed, feeling so loved and special.

"You're unbelievable," Carlos scoffs, "un-fucking-believable. That's you're fucking father." He yells, but not too loud to not wake the others. "You must be on some fucking drug that is fucking up that brain of yours. You're causing pain to others-especially Audrey-for no fucking reason."

"You don't know fucking shit, Carlos. It's Audrey who grew up with me, not you're ass. She knows why, don't you Audrey?" Vanessa looks at me. I don't reply. "Don't you!" She shouts.

"You always took everything away from me! I don't even remember the last time dad was proud of me because of you! You always took the fucking spot light away from me, you never gave me a fucking chance to prove myself worthy." She cries, "It's always Audrey that, Audrey this. I don't remember the last time mom or dad acknowledged something I have done, because they don't care about me! They just care about you, and whatever accomplishments you've done. They always shut me out, ever since you started training and became part of the mafia."