5 | The Fucking French Mafia

Audrey Garcia

Carlos opened the door to the backseat of the SUV, and turned my head back to give him a glare. "Oh my! Your such a gentleman." I spat sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, and scoffed, "Mhm, anything for you, amore." He gave me a sarcastic smile, "Just get your ass in there." He shoved me into the car. I stuck my middle finger up at him, and kicked my right leg over my left leg with my arms crossed.

He hopped into the SUV right after, and sat beside me. "Oh fuck no, I'm not sitting next to your ugly ass!" I scoffed, and tried opening the door on the other side. But just as I was about to open the door to leave, the driver locked the doors. "Okay then. I'm sitting on the ground." I gave the driver a look through the review mirror.

"You'll bump your head on the seats if we drive on a bumpy road. Just sit here." He patted on the seat beside him. "I'd rather sit on a thousand pins." I retorted. "Audrey, just sit your ass up here." He sighed, and I stubbornly replied with 'no'.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged and shifted in his seat to get comfortable as the car engine turned on, and the vehicle started moving forward. Carlos moved his hips forward and slightly spread his legs apart, as he leaned back into his seat and rested an arm onto the door. The moonlight hit his face–making his face glow a color almost blue–as he stared outside the window.
I didn't notice I was staring at him, until he stared back into my eyes and cleared his throat. "Enjoying the view, babe?" He smirked. I gave him a glare in return and quickly looked away. "Don't fucking call me babe, asshole." I muttered.

Minutes passed by. I'm staring outside the window on the other side of the car–the one Carlos isn't next to–with my arms crossed. I spent my time thinking of ways to get out of this situation. Jump out of the wind- No, you'll die, Audrey. I thought to myself. Hmm.. Oh! Quickly snap the driver's neck and take his plac- No. The car would probably crash by the time I snapped his neck and took his place. I sighed.

Slowly, the car started wobbling. The car must be driving on an unsteady path. Carlos simply looked down at me, with a small smile on his face. "Stop looking at me like that. I'm doing just fine down here." I crossed my arms.

The vehicle wobbled even more–moving side to side. And I eventually hit my head on the back of the driver's seat. I cussed under my breath, and just as I was about to hit my head once again on the door to my right I felt a strong grip on my arm.

In the blink of an eye, I found myself being dragged up and seated onto someone's lap. I blink a few times only to find myself sitting face to face on Carlos' lap. Slowly, he grabbed my legs and wrapped them around his waist. He then put a hand on my thigh, and another on my waist.

"Was that so hard?" He muttered.

We had eye contact for a moment, but I cut it short, and quickly mumbled, "I said I was doing just fine on the ground." He just rolled his eyes, and then had a half smile half smirk on his face. "Sure you were." He whispered, squeezing my thigh. The car wobbled even more, and caused my body to fall forward. My hands are currently resting on his chest, and our body are practically glued to each other. Carlos is way taller than me—he is 6ft, at least—and I can feel his chin resting on the top of my head.

I try to pull away, but he has his hands firmly gripped onto my waist; making it hard for me to move. I suck in a deep breath, and just follow along. There isn't much to do, and I can barely move to throw a punch at his face if I wanted. So I simply dropped my hands down to my side, and stared outside the window. But Carlos didn't turn to look at the view outside. In fact, I felt him staring at me the entire car ride to wherever I'm being taken to.