25 | War Is Over

Audrey Garcia

My reflection is staring back at me, and when I look at her I see a whole different person. I see a woman I've never seen before. She is hurting on the inside, but that hurt, that pain in the heart, is making her stronger. I see a woman determined to do anything to crush whoever stands in her way when it comes to her loved ones, willing to kill the world to protect the ones she loves the most.

I'm wearing gray cargos and a tight black long sleeve top. I tie my hair into a high ponytail, leaving a few strands of hair loose from the front. I put on some sneakers and stared down at the gun and dagger in my hands.

I feel a pair of hands find their way around my waist and suddenly feel at ease when I hear his deep yet calming voice. "You are the most beautiful woman in this earth," Carlos whispers into my ear before resting his chin in my shoulder. He pulls me as close as one can be to a person.

"I feel like shit, I'm so nervous about our plan," I exhale a shaky breath. Carlos gives me a squeeze, plants a kiss on my shoulder then says, "You're going to do fucking amazing. Everyone, both in your and my mafia, are going to be beyond shocked. You already blow my mind away everyday, blow everyone else's too."

I smile and lean my head on his that rests on me. I breath in his scent, his scent that I missed every minute if the day before his awakening. I missed him so much, and now that I finally have him back I'm never letting go. Same goes for Viola when I get her back.. If I do..

Letting out a sigh, Carlos and I pull away from eachother and give the other a small smile before making it out of his room. When I walk downstairs I find everyone with their weapons ready, and more of our men outside. Carlos is holding my hand the entire way down the staircase, out the front door and to the car. He never let's go, and occasionally squeezes my hand a little tighter whenever he feels me tense up.

When we reach the location it feels like I spent whole lifetime in the car. Our plan is to make it look like we are handing me over to him in return for Viola, but I have a feeling it won't work out, regardless of hundreds of men surrounding us and protecting me.

Suddenly I feel a thick piece if fabric over my head. Carlos put me into a gray sweater that seems to be his. "Thank god I found a sweater of mine in the car, that shirt is too thin fir such cold weather. I was going to give you one earlier, back in the house, but oh my God your pretty face distracted me." He smiled, wrapping a hang around me and pulling me close to him so I'm seated right by him.

"Thank you," I rest my head on the side of his arm, grateful for having someone like him to look out for me. Everything he does, whether it's something big or small, I can't help but to love him more.

When I feel the car stop, indicating we reached our location, I reach out to open the backseat door but Carlos grabs my hand first. "You can do this, mi amore. I believe in you. I'm so proud of you for being so strong to get out of such a dark time you went through, so keep that strength in you and wow us all at your comeback tonight." He smiles.

I have tears in my eyes as I go back to kiss him before heading back out of the car. Two of our men greet me outside the vehicle. I nod at the both of them and bring my arms together infront of me as they tie me, to make this whole 'trade' believable. We start walking into the harbor looking for any signs of Victor and his men. I have my gun and dagger strapped underneath my cargos, near my ankle, for the sake of my protection.