Love Me Not ~ 51

Hi! Thank you all for reading ❤️ Please don't forget to vote/comment!!

-

"He brushed me off. The little fucker just ignored me." Levi grumbled, resting his head on his arms that were crossed on the bar.

"Yikes." Erwin sipped his drink and sighed. "Maybe he was nervous?"

"His friend showed up and they left together." Levi looked at Erwin.

"Do you think they're together?" Hanji asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Who knows." Levi sighed. "He's a piece of shit anyways. I don't even know what I was supposed to say to him."

Hanji and Erwin shared a look. They both thought the same thing. Why would someone that isn't hurt be drinking themselves into the oblivion in that moment?

"I think it's time to go home." Erwin moved to take Levi's keys and Levi stuffed them into his pocket.

"I'm fine. I didn't even drink a lot." Levi glared.

"Like hell you are. We know you're annoyed that Eren wouldn't talk to you and that you're drunk. If you didn't want this to happen, you should've watched yourself." Hanji reached into Levi's pocket and took his keys out.

"Ugh, I'm never getting involved with that idiot again." Levi mumbled. "Who's dumbass idea was it for me to try and talk to him?" He asked, glaring at Hanji and Erwin, knowing it was them.

"We didn't think he'd ignore you." Hanji murmured.

-

Life went back to normal with Eren and Armin. Nothing had changed, and they were both grateful for that.

Armin went into his confession knowing it would never happen, so he wasn't really hit with disappointment.

Eren did feel guilty, but was okay as long Armin was.

Nobody else knew about it and it was their secret.

Armin and Eren had been walking back from class when the blonde looked at Eren. "Have you spoken to Levi yet?"

Eren laughed a bit and shook his head. "No I haven't, Armin. I don't exactly know where to find him."

"Don't you have his number? You're making me antsy. You both feel the same right now, don't you want to figure it out?" Armin was genuine with his questions. He just wanted Eren to have his happy moment.

"I do. I'm just nervous. What if he doesn't want to talk to me? I blew him off completely." Eren frowned and stopped at the bookstore for his shift. "I'll see you later."

"Hey, cheer up." Armin put his hand on Eren's shoulder. "It'll work out okay?"

Eren nodded. "I hope so."

Levi had been standing in the bookstore with Erwin and Hanji during their lunch break. He glanced out of the window at the front to see Armin and Eren. He turned back to pay attention to what Hanji was saying.

Eren walked into the bookstore and froze before saying, "Hi.." He knew he was supposed to be trying to speak to Levi, but he felt awkward.

"Hey, Eren. Haven't seen you in a while. How are things?" Erwin asked.

"I've been good. You know, college and all that. So busy." Eren laughed softly.

"I'm sure you're looking forward to winter break. It's coming soon huh?" Erwin asked.

"Yeah, I can't believe it's almost winter already." Eren said, before going to clock in and then go back to the group.

Erwin, Hanji and Levi were about to head out, so Eren knew it was his time.

"Hey, Levi. If you have a second, can I talk to you?" Eren blurted out, causing Hanji and Erwin to turn and look at him in surprise.

Levi turned and looked at Eren. "I need to get back to work and you need to work. So no." He turned back around and left the building.

Eren frowned and tried not to look too hurt. It was hard to hide.

"You still have twenty minutes of your lunch left." Erwin mumbled to Levi.

"And? I don't want to talk. Fuck off." Levi rolled his eyes and glanced back at Eren as he walked away. He stopped when he saw how hurt he looked.

He wasn't expected the other to react that way at all.

"And now he's upset. Great job." Hanji sighed. "You know why he wanted to talk to you. It was definitely about when you tried to talk to him that time. I don't see what the issue would be just talking to him."

Levi knew they were right. He needed to be the bigger person, but it was hard to.

Once the three were out of sight, Eren furrowed his brows. He wasn't going to give up that easily. There was something there, and he couldn't stop.

He had Armin counting on him and hoping things would work out. He couldn't let him down, not after everything that happened between them as well.

He didn't want what he did to Armin to be for nothing. He was kind and someone that knew him best. He would've been perfect, but in the end he didn't feel that way towards him. If Levi wasn't around, maybe things would've been very different, which was why he couldn't not end up with Levi.

Eren was still in love and nothing had been able to get those feelings to disappear.

Jean came up to Eren, raising an eyebrow. "What's up with you?"

"Oh, nothing. Why?" Eren asked.

"You've been standing there forever." Jean shrugged. "Did you hear the news?"

"What news?" Eren asked.

"Sasha and Connie decided they're better as friends. Sasha is seeing some guy named Niccolo. He's a chef I think. All fancy and older and established." Jean grinned.

"Oh wow. I guess they realized what they felt was more platonic." Eren shrugged and then punched Jean in the arm. "Why are you gossiping?"

"I was just sharing the news in case you said anything about their relationship dude." Jean rolled his eyes.

"Oh. I guess it would've been awkward to say something about their relationship and then they weren't together. How is Connie taking it?"

"He doesn't care. They both agreed that being best friends was when they were happiest with each other. Good for them to talk about it and stuff. Communication is such a big issue with couples."

"At least someone is able to communicate." Eren sighed.

"What's going on?" Jean asked, knowing it was his time to bud in and find out what's going on.

-

Hi bbys!!

Thank you for being so patient again! ❤️ I hope you enjoyed this chapter and vote/comment!!

Your support means the world to me!