Love Me Not ~ 13

Eren was surprised to see that Levi had a pet. He could actually care for something?

There was absolute silence between Eren and Levi. The only thing that could be heard was Abelle crunching on her food and drinking her water.

Levi had his back turned and was waiting for the coffee to brew and Eren felt awkward. Was it too late to leave? He looked at Levi and studied his stance.

The other didn't look uncomfortable. Eren figured he was just making a big deal out of nothing.

Levi poured coffee into two mugs and handed one to Eren. "Do you drink it with anything?"

"Uh, milk and sugar." Eren said quietly.

Levi took out milk and set a jar of sugar on the counter. He also set a spoon next to the milk and sugar.

"Thanks." Eren poured milk into his mug and put some sugar in as well.

"Damn, do you want some coffee with that milk and sugar?" Levi smirked.

"Not everyone can just drink it black." Eren said back, watching as Levi sipped at his coffee. "And I can see you're a fan of just black coffee."

"Hey, I have a mature taste." Levi defended himself, taking another sip of his coffee.

"You're only like four years older than me." Eren teased.

"I don't know, four years seems like it would make a difference." Levi said back.

There was silence once again. Eren knew he needed to say something.

"So, why did you invite me over?" Eren asked. "I'm pretty surprised."

"I don't know. It wasn't something I planned either." Levi said, sighing. "If you feel weird you don't have to stay."

Eren looked at Levi, tilting his head. "I'm uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as I thought I would be."

Levi nodded. "That still doesn't sound great."

Eren raised an eyebrow. "I could've said no right when you asked."

They never talked about what happened in the past. Eren had so many questions about it. He wanted to know what Levi's thoughts were. He wanted to know what got Erwin so worked up as well. Was he misinterpreting things?

Eren knew he didn't have the guts to ask. Levi definitely did have the guts and would ask and not feel bad.

Did Levi avoid that topic?

Eren felt immature. At eighteen he was dwelling on a past issue. Levi was twenty two. It didn't matter anymore. He needed to let it go.

It was hard for him though. Most people got over their rejections. He took it differently. Not only was he worried about being rejected again, but he didn't think anyone else was worth coming out for.

The chance of dating someone secretly and getting outed scared him, especially when he wasn't sure about his sexuality when he was younger.

Eren even felt discomfort at eighteen. Thinking about sexuality and coming out gave him anxiety.

"You look like you're in deep thought." Levi said, sipping from his coffee and picking Abelle up.

"Oh, no. It's nothing." Eren looked down at his coffee. "It's not a big deal."

"You tried too hard to get me to drop the subject. Now I know something is wrong." Levi smirked.

"I should get home soon. My dad probably left out dinner for me." Eren glanced at his phone to see the time. "It's around eight thirty. If I'm not home soon he'll wonder."