Love Me Not ~ 74

Eren groaned when he heard his phone ringing.

"Shut it off." Levi grumbled, rolling to his other side.

"I need to leave." Eren saw it was Mikasa calling. He knew it was her reminding him to be home early. He answered. "Yeah, I know. I'll be home in about five minutes."

"Just so you know, he knows that you weren't at Jean's house." Mikasa murmured into the phone.

"How?" Eren asked.

"I don't know. I heard him talking with Zeke." Mikasa sighed. "I'll see you soon."

Eren hung up and got out of bed.

"What happened?" Levi asked, sitting up. His hair was sticking up in every direction.

Eren couldn't help but laugh and sat on the bed to smooth his hair out. "My dad somehow figured out that I wasn't at Jean's house last night."

"Oh." Levi sighed. "This is probably why you should've just told him already."

"Even if he knew we were dating I don't think he'd be very thrilled that I spent the night at my boyfriend's house." Eren said back, standing up. "I'll text you later."

"Alright." Levi rolled back over in bed since it was early.

-

Eren was anxious the entire car ride. The sun wasn't even out yet. It was dark and only the birds chirping was his only reminder that it was indeed the early hours of the morning.

He pulled into the driveway and hesitantly got out of the car. He unlocked the front door and put the keys on the hook.

Mikasa was nowhere to be seen. It was just Grisha in the kitchen making coffee for himself. "So, how was Jean's house?" He asked.

"We both know I wasn't there. Why try and catch me in a lie?" Eren mumbled.

"Alright, so why lie?" Grisha asked.

"Ugh. I went to see Armin. We got into an argument and I wanted to apologize. I ended up staying over because we made up. I was embarrassed to admit I screwed up and it was my fault." Eren lied. He didn't want to dig himself into an even deeper lie, but he had no choice. He felt bad he was dragging Armin into another lie though.

Grisha still wasn't very convinced, but he decided to drop it. His son showed up on time and in one piece. He wondered how he didn't catch the fact that Eren was lying in the first place. Zeke was the one that caught on. "Armin is a good kid, be nice."

"Dad, I'm not eight. I've always been nice to him. He's my best friend." Eren sighed. "I'm going to bed. It's too early."

"I should be heading to work anyways. See you later." Grisha gathered his things and headed out.

Eren went to his room and plopped on his bed. He was still confused as to how his dad figured it out. Only Mikasa knew where he was going and he knew she wouldn't say anything. Who else could've been around and heard? There was no way it was Armin, he was already gone. His dad also had no contact information for Jean. Grisha could easily call Armin to ask, but there was no way he'd call Jean.

He tried to close his eyes and fall asleep, but it was impossible. He couldn't get his brain to quiet down.

It bothered him and the last thing he wanted was for his dad to think that everything he said was a lie.

Eren sighed and rolled over in bed. He wished he was back in Levi's bed cuddled up. He was tired and just wanted a bit of an escape.

Levi wasn't exactly happy with him in that moment either though. Armin also wasn't happy with him. He felt everyone was coming at him at once and it really stressed him out. In the end, his actions did lead him to this moment. Did he lead Armin on? Did Levi think he was going to leave him for Armin or something?