Love Me Not ~ 57

For those of you that plan on reading the new update of castaway... I'm still working on it I've rewritten the first chapter like five times LMAO

Also we passed Halloween so it's officially Christmas time babes
-

"A Christmas party?" Eren tilted his head as he swept the entryway of the book store.

"Yeah, I'm throwing a Christmas party for the employees and some friends. You're welcome to bring any of your friends and I'll be inviting the employees from the bookstore. I'll be inviting Levi, obviously." Erwin spoke, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah, I'll go. Not because you mentioned Levi was going. We aren't exactly on the best terms anyways. I'll spare you the details since you'd pick his side." Eren teased a bit. Erwin was in the bookstore often and Eren was actually starting to be friend him.

"Do tell. Levi has barely mentioned anything about it. I thought you two were on friendly terms." Erwin helped Eren finish cleaning up the book store so the two could get out earlier. "But wait, let's chat in the cafe down the block."

Eren couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Alright. Well, thanks to your help we got cleaned up early."

The two left the bookstore and Erwin locked it behind himself. They headed into the cafe.

Erwin got a hot coffee while Eren just got a hot chocolate.

"Now that we're settled, spill the details. God, I wish Hanji was here she'd be eating this all up." Erwin chuckled.

"I'm sure you're aware of the history we have and all that nonsense." Eren mumbled, started to feel a bit shy. He didn't think it was a big deal, but now it was hitting him. Levi clearly didn't tell his friends about this stuff.

"Yeah, I have a vague idea. Levi doesn't share much unless he seriously needs advice. That's rare though, because he typically never needs advice." Erwin took a sip of his coffee.

"We had started talking again recently, but when we hung out we kind of started arguing. It was stupid and in the moment. Everything that happened didn't bother him and it hurt me a lot and I was hurting for months. He was fine though." Eren sighed.

"Oh trust me, he wasn't. He wasn't himself."

"Why are you telling me this? You're his friend. Wouldn't you keep this a secret?" Eren asked.

"No, because Levi doesn't know what's good for him. I'm starting to think he'll need to see what's good for him almost taken away for him to realize. Are you catching my drift?"

"Not really, no." Eren sipped his hot chocolate.

"Flirt with someone. Go on a date. Anything. He feels comfortable with this current situation because he knows that you're not gonna go anywhere." Erwin shrugged. "This isn't the best advice honestly, but it's Levi we're dealing with. He isn't like any other guy."

"My friend recently confessed to me. Well, not recently, but still. We kissed and everything...to be honest I did get lost in the moment. It didn't compare to when I thought about Levi though. I don't understand though, because he's been getting close with another mutual person, and I'm a bit jealous. Eren sighed.

"I'm sure if he knew that he'd flip out." Erwin teased. "But don't worry, I'm not going to tell him and Levi?"

"No, my friend. Him and Jean from the bookstore are really close now."

"Oh. Well, are you jealous because they're becoming close friends or that there's something else going on there?"

"He's my best friend so.. I don't know."

Eren wondered why he felt so comfortable talking to Erwin. It made him feel a lot better. Maybe because he wasn't someone that knew him extremely well?

He had never really told anyone else about the kiss with Armin or how he got swept up in the moment. It felt like weight off of his shoulders. He felt guilty for so long over the kiss, but at the same time it was something that helped both of them just move on. He didn't think Levi was the jealous type, so even if he found out he didn't think it would be a big deal. He didn't think Levi would have a reason to feel jealously anyways. Clearly he didn't care about Eren in that way.

-

Levi had been walking from work after meeting up with Hanji. It was freezing and Erwin had stopped answering his texts. The three were supposed to meet up.

"I was ready to go home. This idiot was the one that wanted the three of us to get drinks." Levi grumbled as he sent Erwin another text.

Hanji walked next to him happily and stopped in front of the cafe window. "Isn't that Erwin? He's with your little boy toy." She giggled.

"What?" Levi put his phone in his pocket and looked into the window.

In the corner of the cafe he could see Erwin and Eren. The two were talking and Eren was even laughing. They both had smiles on their faces. Since when were they so close? It felt like he saw something he wasn't supposed to see.

Levi raised an eyebrow and took his phone back out of his pocket. He started calling Erwin to see how he'd react.

Erwin looked at his phone and put it back face down on the table, rejecting the call.

"Was that something important?" Eren asked. "You should take it."

Erwin shook his head. "It's just Levi, don't worry about it."

Hanji could tell Levi was irritated and watched as he walked off. She watched them a bit longer before going to follow Levi.

"Do you wanna know what's so funny?"

"What?" Erwin asked.

"One of the first times I saw you you were drunk and trying to kiss Levi. You just don't seem like that type of person." Eren laughed a bit and took another sip of his hot chocolate.

"I tend to be too overly affectionate while I'm drinking. I'm sure you know, but in college there were many flings. I'm sure you must have a few flings being in college yourself."

"I don't, is that not normal?" Eren asked.

"No, I'm just messing with you. You don't need to have any flings." Erwin chuckled. "So don't worry."

"Do you think Levi would ever just settle down?" Eren asked.

"Yeah, definitely."

Erwin's phone started ringing again and he checked. It was Hanji. He finally decided to answer. "Yes?"

"I don't know what you're doing right now with Eren, but Levi is on his way right now. We saw you in the window earlier and we're at the bar now. He's walking out and headed there as we speak. He drank a bit." Hanji murmured into the phone.

"Of course he is. Are you coming too?" Erwin asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna pay the tab and head over. See you." Hanji hung up.

Erwin looked at Eren. "Looks like we'll be getting a visit from Levi."

"Oh." Eren shifted in his seat a bit. "Why all of a sudden?"

"We'll see." Erwin knew why Levi was coming, but didn't share.

In a matter of minutes Levi was in the cafe and sitting next to Eren.

"Hey." Levi spoke quietly. He was calmer than expected and just sat there.

"You smell like alcohol." Eren mumbled.

"And?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

-

Don't forget to vote and comment bebes