Love Me Not ~ 8

Don't forget to vote/comment :)

-

Mikasa came back with the first aid kit and Levi took it once she set it down. He opened it and pulled out the bandages. "Dry your hand off." He turned off the water and waited.

"I can do it myself." Eren argued.

"I doubt it." Levi didn't budge. "Just do it."

Eren's cheeks were bright red as he grabbed a paper towel and dried his hand. He then held his hand out to Levi and sighed. "Do it quick."

Grisha continued to watch and felt he had never seen Eren react that way. Who was Levi to him really? They didn't act like they met on only a few occasions. There was some history. He wouldn't question it though.

Levi wrapped Eren's finger and then put the rest of the bandages away into the first aid kit. "You're welcome."

"I didn't ask you to help me." Eren mumbled, watching as Mikasa picked up the glass that had shattered. He sat back at the table and started eating. "Thanks Mikasa."

Mikasa shrugged. "It's nothing. Not a big deal."

Levi sat at the table as well and looked at Eren.

Eren still had a prominent blush. He was embarrassed. He made a mess and then Levi completely swooped in and helped him. He made himself look good. It was frustrating. It was obvious he didn't actually act that way.

Why was Eren all giddy then? He had butterflies. The way he took the initiative and grabbed his hand had him feeling things he didn't understand. He didn't want to be near him at the same time.

Levi didn't let him down the easiest when he was younger. His feelings were hurt and due to that he always feared rejection and getting close others romantically.

Eren wondered why Levi helped him though. It wasn't like he had anyone to impress. If it happened in front of a boss, or someone at his job he could see why he'd swoop in and help, but why in that moment? The only people there that were watching was Mikasa and Grisha.

Mikasa was surprised because that wasn't usually how she saw her cousin act, while Grisha just watched and had no opinion. He didn't know how Levi was after all, it was there first time meeting.

Eren began eating, staring down at his plate. He couldn't face anyone in that moment. He was embarrassed. Someone just helped him with a small cut he easily could've handled.

Levi started eating, glancing over at his cousin who seemed to be extremely confused.

Mikasa wasn't one to show she was confused. She didn't show much emotion in general. For her to be showing some sort of emotion, she really must've had questions.

"Nice job Eren, you made things oddly quiet." Grisha teased his son.

"Dad, now is not the time to try and make fun of me." Eren murmured, still not making eye contact with anyone.

Levi was still very entertained with the situation and kept eating.

-

Once dinner was over Eren volunteered to do the dishes. He thought Levi would leave by then.

"Kid, you're bad at doing dishes." Levi muttered, watching Eren. "Have you never done them before?"

"What do you mean? I do them every week." Eren rolled his eyes. "If you're going to judge how I do dishes can you leave?"

"Hm, so if I don't judge you I can stay?" Levi smirked and watched as Eren blushed in response.

"That's not that I meant. Just leave already. You're an adult. Why are you here? You're literally twenty two. Don't you have work tomorrow?" Eren asked.

"I'm only twenty two. Why do you act like I'm forty?" Levi began drying the dishes without realizing.

Mikasa swept the kitchen while Grisha was in his office. She had insisted he go and take a break. He did so much and it was his time to relax. She listened to the two talk and obviously had no interest in joining.

"I don't know. You have your own place, a full time job, and went to college. That screams adult." Eren responded, closing the sink once he finished washing the dishes.

"Fresh out of college, with a new career. Just got my own place." Levi rolled his eyes. "Shits expensive."

"I know, I know." Eren sighed and watched as Levi dried the remainder of the dishes.

"I should probably go." Levi said, walking out of the kitchen.

Eren stood in the doorway of the kitchen and watched as Levi slipped his shoes on and pulled his jacket on.

"Tell your dad I said thanks." Levi felt weird saying that, but continued. "See you around." He added, leaving.

Once the door closed, Eren walked into the kitchen and took a deep breath.

Mikasa raised an eyebrow and swept whatever crumbs were on the floor into the dustpan as well as whatever glass was missed. She put the broom away and turned to Eren. "Uh? What just happened?"

"I took a deep breath." Eren mumbled.

"I meant before that." Mikasa leaned against the kitchen counter. "I can't believe that just happened."

"I know." Eren rubbed his temples. "I'm freaking out. He was just in our house. Eating our food and just.. being so weird. Why was he like that?"

Eren didn't actually know Levi's personality. He didn't know him at all.

Mikasa sighed. "He's usually quiet and a little rude. He wasn't acting like himself. He was actually talking." She thought about the numerous family functions she attended where Levi sat and appeared miserable. He barely said anything and the times Mikasa talked to him were short.

"Mikasa, why did he help me? Why the hell did he bandage my cut and dry the dishes? What the actual fuck?" Eren threw his hands up in frustration.

"I'm still trying to process everything. That was so weird. We definitely have to tell Armin about this weird encounter. I'm sure he'd be just as confused." Mikasa said.

-

Levi left the house and began walking back to his apartment. He thought back on his actions and was genuinely confused with himself.

Why did he actually stay for dinner? Why did he react so quick and help Eren with his cut? Why did he help him with the dishes?

He was just a little brat. He thought he stayed for dinner just to torture him, but it ended up taking a weird turn.

Eren's reactions were also questionable. Who knew a person could blush that much?

As he walked he felt his phone vibrate. He looked down and saw it was a text from Erwin.

Levi sighed and stuffed his phone back into his pocket. He wasn't in the mood to talk to him. Once he got back to his apartment he took his shoes and jacket off.

He hung his keys on the hook by his door and heard a soft meow come from around the corner. "Abelle." He called out and watched as a small black kitten came running.

The kitten rubbed up against his leg and he picked her up. "Long day?" He asked the kitten, watching as her green eyes with hints of teal glimmered. She meowed in response to his words.

Levi walked into his kitchen and set Abelle down to get food out for her. He opened a drawer and pulled out her bag of food. He poured some in her bowl and watched as she ate. He then took her water bowl and gave her some fresh water.

Abelle ate quietly and Levi just leaned against the counter and watched. He really had nothing else to do. He was bored.

-