Love Me Not ~ 39

The day went by fast. Armin and Eren only had two classes, while Mikasa only had one.

She sat in the library on her phone while she waited for them. She'd rather wait for them than go on ahead anyways.

Once the time passed, Eren and Armin were practically the first to leave their last classes.

After the one they had together, they had another one where they split up.

They all met back up at the library.

"I can already tell I'm going to hate this." Eren mumbled.

"Oh stop, all the professors went over the syllabus. There wasn't even any work." Armin laughed softly. "Typical Eren."

"Yeah, typical me." Eren rolled his eyes jokingly.

As they started walking home, he got a text from Sasha.

"What's wrong?" Mikasa asked, noticing Eren's change in expression.

"Oh, nothing. Sasha isn't feeling well and asked me to cover her shift that's in a bit. I said I wouldn't be able to work on days I have classes, but I don't have anything else to do right now so I'm gonna go." Eren figured he'd go straight to work. His stuff was in his locker anyways.

"You're going straight there?" Armin asked.

"Yeah." Eren ran a hand through his hair.

"I want to get food, you're coming with me Armin." Mikasa knew that Armin wouldn't mind, and probably wanted to go eat lunch as well.

"Do you think you could bring me something while I'm at work? I can give you the money." Eren asked.

"Yeah, no problem. Do you care what I bring you?" Armin tilted his head.

"No, surprise me." Eren teased, winking jokingly. "I'll see you later." He ran and crossed the street to go into the bookstore.

-

Levi and Erwin walked down the street after eating lunch. He had some extra time and the two stopped into the bookstore.

It was like old times, but the only difference was that to Erwin, Levi seemed out if it.

He knew something was wrong and that Levi didn't get to say things he wanted to.

"Why do we have to come to the bookstore?" Levi asked, opening the front door.

"Come on, you used to love the bookstore. There's new books, especially some from your favorite authors. I'm surprised you've managed to limit your visits." Erwin looked around. While he did go in there occasionally, he was still in charge of the appearance as well as how things ran.

"I'm saving money. My wallet is thanking me." Levi started looking through the shelves, picking out books and flipping through them.

"I don't know why you paid. You could've borrowed books. I would've given you some for free." Erwin had said it numerous times. The bookstore was doing well, letting a friend borrow some books wasn't a big deal.

"Ugh, it's not a big deal. I'm not going to just take them." Levi rolled his eyes. As he turned to look at Erwin he heard a familiar voice.

"Thanks for coming in." Connie said, walking out of the employee room with Eren.

Eren put his name tag on. "It's no big deal. I know working while sick would suck. I hope she feels better soon."

Connie nodded. "Yeah, me too. Jean is coming in later on so it's just us until then. I was stocking in the back so do you mind doing register?"