Love Me Not ~ 1

Hi! Before you read, a quick reminder... please don't take my story concept and make it your own :) I've already had issues with people taking my story and writing it as their own!

Thanks :)
-

The school bell rang and Eren ran as fast as he could through the hallways and out of his middle school.

He entered the school he would soon be in, the high school, in search of Levi Ackerman.

The mysterious senior Eren had met when him and Armin joined Mikasa to accompany her to a family gathering.

Mikasa herself had been seen as a stranger, they didn't know she was an Ackerman. She was taken in by Eren's family once her parents were killed. Her parents never spoke of any other family they had while they were alive.

Levi was some sort of cousin to Mikasa. Eren instantly fell head over heels for the older boy at the ripe age of twelve when Levi was sixteen. He never saw him up close again after that, but would see him walking to and from school as he walked. He was perfect in his eyes.

After much debate with Armin and Mikasa, he finally decided on sharing those feelings with Levi.

Levi was going to graduate. He was eighteen and ready to head off to college. Eren was only fourteen and just starting high school. If he didn't tell him that day, he would never have to chance to.

Eren practically begged Mikasa to find out what classroom Levi was in at the end of the day. She didn't want to tell him, but always helped him out in the end.

He looked down at the numbers written on his hand. The hallways were flooded with teenagers all older than him. Most were taller as well. It was pretty intimidating to him.

Once he got to the classroom he saw Levi walking out with his friends. Eren felt his knees go weak at the sight of him. He was so attractive.

Eren had so many thoughts going through his head. He hesitated, but went for it and approached. "Hi, I don't know if you know me, but-"

Levi cut him off. "Eren, right? Mikasa lives with you?"

Eren was extremely happy that Levi knew who he was. It made his heart practically skip a beat. "Yeah that's me. I was wondering if you had a minute to talk alone?"

Levi's friends all exchanged a glance before walking away. "We'll be by the lockers!" A girl with glasses called back.

Levi nodded and then looked back at Eren. "Yeah? What is it, kid?"

"Can we go somewhere more private?" Eren asked. The hallways were still extremely crowded and it made him nervous.

"Follow me." Levi rolled his eyes and opened a door, guiding Eren to the roof.

Once they got up to the roof Eren felt the sun's warmth on his skin. It was comforting. A beautiful spring day.

"So, what is it?" Levi asked. He was curious at that point and wanted to leave as well.

"I..uh.." Eren shifted in his spot and looked down.

"Listen kid, I don't have forever. I need to go." Levi started walking towards the door.

"I like you!" Eren called out quickly, covering his mouth with his hand.

Levi turned his head and raised an eyebrow, wondering if he heard him right. "You what now?"

"I like you. When I saw you for the first time two years ago I got the biggest crush on you. It hasn't gone away. I was going to ignore it, but you're graduating and I wanted to tell you." Eren spoke softly, running a hand through his hair. "I needed to know your response before you left because I was worried I'd never see you again to find out."

Levi stayed silent for a moment. His usual hard expression disappeared as he thought, before it hardened once again. He shook his head. "I don't even know you." Eren had a cute face. He was attractive, but not only did he have no idea what he was actually like, he was fourteen.

Eren frowned. "You just seem so cool and mysterious. From what I've seen, you don't care about what anyone thinks and I like that."

"Yeah, you may know about me from watching me, kid, but that doesn't help. It's one sided. I don't know anything about you. I don't feel the same." Levi shrugged. "Plus, you're a middle schooler. Not interested." With those words he turned and left.

Why was Eren surprised? He knew Levi would reject him, he just needed to know. He couldn't not know his response, it would've eaten him alive for years.

Eren wanted to cry, but wouldn't. It would be stupid to cry over it. Plus, it was just a guy. A guy that happened to be his first love. He tried to shake that thought out of his head and left the roof.

Suddenly, he didn't want it to be sunny. He didn't want to hear birds chirping. It was the end of the world for him. Why wasn't it the end of the world for anyone else? The life going on when it felt like time had stopped for him.

Something he had been so focused on for two years fell apart in his hands. Eren left the school and met up with Armin and Mikasa.

"How'd it go?" Armin asked, knowing it went bad by Eren's expression. He didn't want to assume though.

"Bad." Eren sighed.

"Sorry." Armin wrapped an arm around his best friend's shoulder. "At least now you know and can move forwards."

"I don't want to say I told you so, but he didn't know who you were Eren." Mikasa sighed and followed. "How could he feel the same?"

"He knew my name and that you lived with me." Eren mumbled.

"That doesn't mean he knows you." Mikasa added, causing Eren to stay silent. "He has no idea who you are or what type of person you are."

"I know." Eren sulked as he walked. "I knew he was going to reject me. Still hurts though."

"I would be concerned if you weren't sad. It's normal to be sad over it." Armin said, glancing at his best friend. "Don't worry, there will be other people."

"Another reason this was so huge to me was because liking him was when I truly realized who I was. It made me realize I definitely wasn't straight." Eren felt embarrassed to admit it. "He was the first guy I've ever found attractive. I had thought other guys were attractive, but not in a 'I want to date you' way."

-

A/N: Hi! This is the prologue/first chapter! I'm so excited :) it gives the background of what's to come and I can't wait for you all to read the rest and come along with me on this journey. I hope you all like it and are eager to see what else comes!!

-K