More In Common Than Realized

Your POV

You, Deku and Todoroki stood in a small hallway that led outside the arena alone where no one could see you three. You and Deku stood on one side while Todoroki stood on the other. You all stood in silence eyeing each other to see who would go first. At the moment you got a little tired and spoke up. "So, you got us here, now what?" You asked Todoroki.

Todoroki sighed and began to speak. "I was overwhelmed. And it made me break the promise I made to myself along time ago. Iida and Kaminari... Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami... Uraraka... None of them felt it. In that moment I was the only one who could sense your true power, Midoriya. It reminded me of something... Experiencing All Might's Quirk." Todoroki explained. "Oh yeah? Okay... Is that all?" Deku asked. "I'm saying the power coming from you felt the same as All Might's. And as for Akio, you were brought in by full recommendations by Mr. Aizawa, the principal and even All Might. I've also noticed a sort of liking you've taken on Midoriya when it comes to his Quirk." Todoroki said. "Tsk. I wouldn't call it a liking. I'm just giving him some battle advice here and there but it's nothing special. What's your point." You said. "Midoriya... Akio... Tell me... Are either one of you really All Might's secret love child or something?" Todoroki asked and the question alone caught you off guard.

You almost wanted to laugh but kept a serious expression. "No, no way-- that's not it all. But I guess even if I was I'd totally say I wasn't so you probably won't believe me no matter what I bet. Anyway I promise you've got the wrong idea." Deku said in a fast pace. "'That's not it at all' is interesting wording. It's suggests there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about. What about you Akio." Todoroki said. "The very idea of me being the child or grandchild of that guy is enough to make me sick. Of course I'm not related to him." You said and he nodded.

"My father is the hero Endeavor. You two must've heard of him. Which means you're aware that he's the number two hero. So if one of you is connected to the number one hero, All Might, in some way... That would mean... That I have even more reason to beat you both. My old man's ambition. He aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero. But he was never able to best All Might, so the Symbol of Peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it though, trying to take down All Might. One way or another." Todoroki said. "I'm not sure what you're getting at." Deku said. "What are you trying to tell us Todoroki?" You asked.

"Have you two ever heard of Quirk Marriages?" Todoroki asked. Your eyed widened at the question cause you knew all about it all too well. "Yeah. They became a problem in the first few generations after superpowers became widespread. There were those who sought out potential mates solely with the intention of creating powerful children. Many people were forced into relationships. They were simply old fashioned arranged marriages. But clearly it was unethical." You explained with your head down and eyes closed. "Indeed. My father has not only a rich history of accomplishments, but plenty of money to throw at his problems. He bought my mother's relatives to get his hands on her Quirk. And now he's raising me to usurp All Might. It's so annoying. I refuse to be a tool to that scumbag. In every memory of my mother... I only see her crying. I remember she called my left side unbearable, before she poured boiling water on my face. The reason I picked a fight with you was to show my old man what I was capable of doing. Without having to rely on his damned fire Quirk. You see, I'm going to show him that I reject his power, and I can take first place without it." Todoroki explained.

You thought about what he said and couldn't help but compare lives with him little by little. You looked up to see him staring at his left hand and you sighed. Then Todoroki started to walk away. "You two are obviously connected to All Might. Even if you won't tell me about it. But no matter how fiercely you come at me in the future, I will defeat you both using only my right side. I can assure you on that." He said. "Hey Todoroki!" You called making him stop. "Some big words from you. You are probably gonna be one of the strongest people I can face. But I will beat you and Deku. I won't lose. Our war is only beginning." You said. "And I am hear because of the people supporting me. I won't lose either." Deku added. "Looking forward to it." Todoroki said and walked away.