Truth Revealed

3rd POV/Press Conference

Aizawa, Nezu and Vlad King were all in a conference room on a stage in front of news reporters answering questions.

"You spoke about keeping the students safe, Eraser Head. But according to our information, you encouraged them to fight during the attack on the training camp, putting them in grave danger. What was your reason for this?" A reporter asked. "I concluded that because we didn't know the full situation. Allowing them to use their Quirks would help avoid the worst possible outcome." Aizawa said. "And what would that outcome be? Do you think 26 victims and two kidnapped children is a win for UA High?" The reporter asked. "I assure you that things could have gone much more poorly. I feared every student would be tortured and killed in the end." Aizawa said. "Most of the victims were harmed by the gas attack. We've determined it to be the result of a poisonous Quirk used by one of the villains. It's thanks to the quick actions of Ms. Kendo and Mr. Tetsutetsu that injuries were kept to a bare minimum. Additionally, we're providing mental health counseling to every student though at the moment, we do not see any signs of serious psychological trauma." Nezu added.

"So you found a bright spot to this tragedy?" The reporter asked. "We're relieved that an entire class of burgeoning heroes still has a future." Nezu stated. "Can you say the same thing for the two abducted, Katsuki Bakugo and Akio Yami? Katsuki Bakugo enrolled into your school with excellent marks, and went on to win the sports festival. Before that he survived the attack of a powerful sludge villain who eventually had to be taken down by All Might. The boy is obviously strong and heroic. On the other hand the violence he displayed in the finals and his attitude at the awards ceremony both showed that he can't control his temper. What if this is the real reason the villains kidnapped him? What if they're brainwashing Bakugo right now, pulling him toward the path of evil? How can you sit there and tell us he still has a future?" The reporter asked.

Aizawa stood up from his chair with and angry glare but then bowed his head. "As Katsuki Bakugo's teacher, I take full responsibility for not taming his violent behavior. However his actions at the sports festival were born of his deep-seated convictions. He's trying harder than anyone in his pursuit to become the top hero. If the villains think they have a chance with him, then they are grossly mistaken. I can guarantee you that much." He said. "That doesn't amount to real evidence though. I didn't ask you how you feel, I asked you if you had concrete information. Speaking of information, that leads me to Akio Yami." The repirter said making Aizawa's eyebrow twitch.

"Akio Yami was let in to your school on recommendations, but he was not present in the enrollment exam. Before he came to UA, Yami was a troubled child at his old school. Fights, suspensions, skipping school. Why let someone with that kind of back record come to your school?" The reporter asked. "Akio Yami didn't have the best or normal childhood but it's because of his relationship with All Might why we expected great things from the young man." Aizawa said. "So you think his actions at the sports festival was the great things you expected. He is a powerful boy but like Bakugo he showed ruthless aggression in the finals injuring almost everyone he fought. And according to my intel, he knew one of the villains from the training camp attack." The reporter said while some gasp from other reporters was heard.

"And I was also informed that the father of Akio before he died used to be in a villain organization. Do you still expect great things from Akio even after what I said? Why let him in your school? Did you know about his violent behavior and his relationship with a villain? What if kidnapping him was fake and the boy was working with the villains this entire time? Why let someone as dangerous as him continue to be a part of that school?" The reporter said. Aizawa had a glare on his face as he tried to calm himself down before he does something that could backfire.