Round 1 Of The Tournament

First Match Of The Tournament

Your POV

You walked out of the arena as you were mentally preparing yourself for the tournament. You was about to go somewhere to do some meditation until you felt leg get lightly kicked. You turned around and saw Emiko looking up at you. "What?" You asked. "Can you take me to the food stands? I'm kinda hungry." She said. "I can't. I need to prepare myself for the tournament." You said. "Well as your coach I think the best way for you to prepare is to eat." Emiko said. "Since when were you my coach?" You asked. "Point is I know you're hungry too so there's no denying it so we're gonna go eat some stuff." Emiko said. You was about to reply until your stomach growled. "Fine. Lets go." You said and you both walked outside.

You and Emiko went and got some food from one of the food stands and sat down at a table. You both got a bucket of chicken wings to share along with a drink as you both got into deep conversation. "So I saw the brackets for the final round. That Hino guy? Is he the one who kept on pestering you since this whole thing started?" Emiko asked. "Yeah. He thinks he can beat me and prove his fire Quirk is stronger than mine." You said. "Really? That's lame. But hopefully you don't go too far this time while fighting someone." Emiko said as she took another wing. "So what? Someone needs to show him who's at the top and why he's at the bottom." You said. "Yeah but make sure you don't let him push your buttons." Emiko said. "He's been pushing my buttons from the start and I haven't snapped yet. I've got everything under control." You said.

"Yo! Akio!" A voice called. You looked to see, Kirishima, Kaminari, Jiro, Ashido and Momo walking up to you and Emiko. "Hey, man. We've been lookin' for ya. Mind if we sit?" Kirishima asked. "Whatever. Go ahead." You said and they sat down. "Whoa, you got wings. Mind if we have some?" Kaminari asked. "Sure. There's enough." Emiko said. Kaminari and Kirishima took one each and bit down on it. Once they did, they let out yelp. "Holy cow! These things are super spicy!" Kaminari shouted. "How can you two eat this?!" Kirishima asked. "It's not that bad. Being a fire Quirk user means sometimes I have a taste for spicy food. Y'all can't handle it?" You asked. "No! No, we'll try to get use to it. The wings do taste good though." Kirishima said as he tried to take another bite. "You guys want some too?" Emiko asked the others. "Oh no I'm good. I ate something beforehand." Momo said. "I'll have one." Ashido said grabbing a wing talking a bite out of it. "I guess I'll have one too." Jiro added and took a wing a bit down on it. Their eyes lit up and they grabbed a napkin and took some for themselves. "What is this? Feed the hungry? Get your own!" You said pulling the bowl towards you making everyone laugh.

"So Akio, you ready for your match up later on in the tournament?" Kirishima asked. "Tch. Of course I'm ready. I never slack when it comes to fighting." You said. "I dunno. Not all of us have seen your power and some of us don't know if you really are as strong as you say you are." Kaminari said. "Maybe you'd like a demonstration." You said glaring at him and he tensed up. "N-No! I'm good! I have no doubts what so ever!" Kaminari said. "Thought so. But you all shouldn't be talking. You all need more training." You said. "Ah don't mind what he's saying. That's Akio's way of encouraging you to do better than how you are doing." Emiko added as you rolled your eyes and turned your head.

"So Akio, there's something I've been wanting to know. Why did you come to UA?" Momo asked. "What kind of question is that. Doesn't everyone wanna come to UA." You said taking another wing. "Well yeah but we want to know why do you wanna be a hero. A lot of people who come to UA has a purpose in becoming a pro. So why do you want to be a hero?" Jiro asked. You looked down at the table for a moment before answering her. "I don't know. Maybe I came here to find a purpose in why I want to be a hero maybe I dunno." You said. "Well was there someone you idolize that you wanna follow in their footsteps?" Ashido asked. "Jeez. Enough with the questions. You guys are more annoying than Emiko." You said earning a punch in the arm by your little sister.