Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - He Already Has Her Cellphone Number, Why Did He Still Need To Add Her On WeChat? (3)

Chi Ying was riding on the subway and squeezed in between all the other commuters when her cellphone rang from inside of her jeans' pocket.

One ring after another "buzz, buzz....". Prompting her like it was something urgent.

It was a call from an unknown number.

The result of the audition?

That was too fast.

Chi Ying anxiously pressed the "Answer" button.

It was noisy inside the subway and she raised her voice a little. It was still soft and pleasing to the ears though. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Hi, Miss Chi Ying. I am Jiang Chong, Boss Lu's assistant. Boss Lu wanted me to relate that it was indeed him who wanted to add you on his WeChat and would like for you to accept him when you have a chance."*

"...." Chi Ying declined politely. "I am sorry. I don't add anyone that I don't know."

"That will only be temporary. Miss Chi, Boss Lu has something he wanted to talk to you about."

Chi Ying's grip on the phone tightened. "Is it important? You can talk to me now."

"Now is not a good time," said Jiang Chong, clearing his throat. "If you insist on declining him, Boss Lu would like to know your reason."

Chi Ying went silent for a little bit before she said, "I had already explained myself. WeChat is personal. I don't add anyone that I don't know."

"Your reason is very unreasonable." Jiang Chong tried to make his voice as gentle as possible. "Can you tell me the reason you are avoiding Boss Lu?"

"I don't mean any offense, but a fortune teller had told me once that our horoscopes conflict with each other's. It's best that I don't get too involved with him in order to avoid any unwanted bad luck."

Jiang Chong chuckled a couple times awkwardly. "Miss Chi Ying is funny. But Boss Lu had lent you assistance that one time..."

Chi Ying summoned up her courage and interrupted him, "And I truly appreciate that."

Jiang Chong was so angry that he busted out laughing, "Miss Chi Ying, this is just my personal advice and nothing to do with Boss Lu. Boss Lu is very powerful in the business world and also someone who has a lot of pull in the entertainment circle. We all have a lot of respect for him and it's best that you don't go against his wishes. I trust that you understand basic courtesies. Boss Lu is in a meeting right now. I hope that you'd accept his request before the meeting is up... hah."

Even though Jiang Chong was threatening her, his palm and back were covered in cold sweat.

Boss Lu had told him all that in a commanding tone.

That and his cold look, it made Jiang Chong worry that he just might lose his job.

Jiang Chong shuddered...

Chi Ying snickered after hanging up the phone. Threatening her with his status in the entertainment circle? Then how was he any different from Cheng Huan?

On top of that, he already has her cellphone number, why did he need to add her on WeChat?