Chapter 69

Chapter 69 - Scholarship and Dinner (3)    

"I am guessing that Boss Lu no longer remembers what she looked like?" said Chi Ying as she looked at him. "But I can definitively say that it wasn't me."

There was unseen lowly humbleness in Lu JingYan's eyes. "If I had hurt you and you want to deny it, I apologize."

Chi Ying couldn't help but pressed her lips together tightly with unease. "No. You have not hurt me nor do I want to deny anything."

Her eyes were black and there was light sparkling inside of them. "But we have never met before."

Lu JingYan's eyes began to grow cold.

"Don't worry, Boss Lu," said Chi Ying with the sincerest look. "I will not tell anyone what you have told me today."

Her words had cut into Lu JingYan like a knife. He interrupted her quickly. "Well, if that's the case, why did you go out of your way to avoid Oushi and me?"

"I am telling the truth. I believe in fate." Chi Ying's hand tightened on the glass. "If the girl that Boss Lu has been looking for hasn't showed up yet, perhaps that means she didn't need you. Your search for her might be a form of disturbance to her."

It was not a pleasant meal.

"Let me take you back."

"Boss Lu is such a busy person that being able to have dinner with you is already an honor," said Chi Ying with a polite smile. "I couldn't possibly trouble you to take me back. I can go home myself."

When Chi Ying walked out of the restaurant, the street lights were already on. The night in the city was cold but not quiet.

She saw Xiao Hang under a street light. He had on a khaki colored jacket, making him seemed tall and slender.

He was wearing a face mask with his hands shoved inside his pockets. He looked like he was waiting for someone.

When Xiao Hang saw her walked out, she looked at her.

Chi Ying greeted him, "Xiao Hang?"

"Mmm, Chi Ying."

"Are you not busy today?"

"It's almost the end of the year. No, not too busy."

"Aren't you worry that your fans will recognize you if you stand here?"

Chi Ying covered her face with her scarf showing only her profound and pretty eyes. Her eyelashes shuddered like the wings of a butterfly. Under the street light, her beauty was stunning.

Xiao Heng looked at her intensely then, his Adams' apple shuddered and he said, "Chi Ying, there's something I want to tell you."

Chi Ying looked up at him.

Xiao Heng went silent for a bit and said, "I like you."

Chi Ying was shocked, "I..."

Her voice was still stuck in her throat when Lu JingYan appeared behind her all of a sudden. He grabbed her by her wrist, pulled her into his arm before she shoved her inside of his Bentley in one smooth motion.

The Bentley darted forward, leaving only Xiao Heng there calling out loudly.

"Boss Lu?!" Chi Ying's eyes widened. "What are you doing?"

Lu JingYan's voice was cold. "You cannot accept."

"That has nothing to do with you!"

Lu JingYan, "You have debuted yet. This will negatively impact your career."

"I never said I will be joining Oushi and you have no rights to tell me what to do," said Chi Ying. "Besides, its basic human right to fall in love."

Lu JingYan fell silent and his chin was tensed.

"He's a friend of mine and I wasn't done talking yet. It was very rude to just leave like that."

"Friend?" Lu JingYan gave her a cold look. "He likes you."

Chi Ying gritted her teeth and said, "And I like him too."

The Bentley came to an abrupt stop on the side of the street.

Lu JingYan's voice was cold like ice. "Do you really mean that?"

"What good will it do for me to lie to you?"

Chi Ying, dropped her cold words, pushed open the car door, and ran out.

A self-deprecating smile crept up onto Lu JingYan's face.

Xiao Heng was worried and ran toward where Chi Ying was frantically.

"Chi Ying, are you alright?" Panting, Xiao Heng reached out to touch her on her hand.

"I apologize, Xiao Heng." Chi Ying pushed him away. "I only look at you as a friend."

Xiao Heng frowned. "What did Lu JingYan say to you?"

"It has nothing to do with him. I have always thought of you as a friend."