Chapter 75

Chapter 75 - Fortune Teller  

Red marks appeared immediately on her white and delicate skin but that did not make Lu JingYan any gentler.

Chi Ying screamed reflexively but the grip on her wrist only tightened. "I can't go. I am supposed to wait for Director Gu right here!"

Lu JingYan was a little annoyed. His voice solemn and demanding. "You can come back in a bit."

"What do you want?"

Feeling her struggle, Li Jinyuan's brows furrowed deeply and his voice cold. "Stop struggling. I won't hurt you."

Lu JingYan took Chi Ying with him and walked down the street before he stopped in front of a fortune teller. "She said she is bad luck in my luck. Can you help us do a reading?"

Chi Ying, "......"

The fortune teller didn't really know much about feng shui or fortune telling. He only set up a booth outside of the tourist area to make some money off of tourist for a living.

He did a reading for them and, shivering, the fortune teller took a look and shuddered.

Sure enough, it was the outcome possible.

But the aura of the man in front of him was too fierce and his eyes cold. Any idiot would be able to predict what would happen if he was to tell the truth.

The fortune teller lied through his teeth. "No, no. There is no such thing. It's the exact opposite."

He covered up the result with his sleeve and swapped the reader to the best outcome and said to them. "Match made in heaven. Match made in heaven!"

Li Jinyuan said with his face still darkened, "Did you hear that? Match made in heaven. You can stop avoiding me now."

"But..."

"No but."

Gu YuanChen finally returned to the sachet booth. He frowned when he didn't see Chi Ying there.

He looked around and spotted her a bit down the street not too far from him with her back to him.

There was a man standing next to her who was holding onto her wrist tightly.

Gu YuanChen called out to her, "Chi Ying."

Chi Ying felt embarrassed. Blushing, she quickly pulled her hand back.

Lu JingYan turned around, displeased.

Gu YuanChen said to him casually, "Boss Lu."

Lu JingYan wasn't much surprised either. He didn't even pay him too much attention but said politely and distantly to him, "Director Gu."

Gu YuanChen narrowed his eyes a little and asked, profoundly, "You two know each other?"

"We've known each other for a long time," replied Lu JingYan quickly, decisively, and with certainty.

Chi Ying frowned a little.

"Oh? Is that true?" asked Gu YuanChen as he looked over at Chi Ying.

Chi Ying shook her head. Looking at Gu YuanChen, her eyes were calm. "We've only met each other a few times in the past. We don't know each other very well."

"Is that so?" Gu YuanChen smiled lightly. There was a sense of mockery in his eyes. "Boss Lu was here for the scenery as well?"

"That's none of your business."

"I'll head back with Chi Ying then."

Lu JingYan lifted his hand a bit and said, "I am going that way as well."

Gu YuanChen busted out laughing and said, "Sure. Why don't we walk together then?"

The atmosphere around them was a peculiar silence.

Chi Ying eyed the two tall men by her side stealthily. One of them was noble and arrogant and the other one refined and ethereal. Both of them had high statuses and outstanding temperament.

It wasn't difficult to notice that the relationship between the two of them was very peculiar. It was downright awkward with a third person in between them and all they could do was to remain silent.

Chi Ying fell back a step and kept a certain distance between herself and the two of them.

Li Jinyuan looked over coldly but she just pretended that she didn't see it and continued walking forward emotionlessly.

***

They didn't know how long they have walked.

The moonlight casted down like water and made the bluestone road a sickly white color.

The outside world was cheerful and lively but the atmosphere surrounding her was cold and indifferent. The romantic atmosphere from the lanterns did not reach her.