Chapter 32

Chapter 32 - I would like you to be a female lead in my film, but Song QingFeng won’t allow it. (2)

Even Tan Ke’s girlfriends felt a little embarrassed and tried to talk her down. “C’mon, KeKe. Song QingFeng is no longer just a regular instructor. He is also a famous director. Even the school has to retain him with high pay. He’s not someone we can afford to offend.”

Tan Ke’s face turned both red and white. 

Song QingFeng let out two long breaths. When he calmed down a bit, he said in a profound way, “Okay, everyone. Instructor Liao is unavailable today so I can in her place. I hope you will keep in mind that as students of performing arts, your goal should be becoming a good actor rather than putting up a showy front and focusing your energy on scheming and backstabbing. Neither viewers nor directors are blind. Your images come not only from the work of the entertainment company, but must start from inside of yourself.”

Having said that, the classroom was quite for two seconds before the applause began. 

Zhao Wan and Chi Ying had their lunch at the school cafeteria that day. 

Only one person could take Director Gu’s role. The fact that Chi Ying was the one meant Zhao Wan had lost. 

Thinking that Zhao Wan had congratulated her with a smile the entire time, Chi Ying felt bad about it. Worried that Zhao Wan would be upset, Chi Ying tried to comfort her. “It’s alright, WanWan. There will be many other opportunities.”

“You don’t need to try to comfort me. Really, I don’t feel that bad. I know where I stand,” said Zhao Wan shamelessly as she put a piece of chicken thigh into Chi Ying’s bowl. The girl in front of her has truly light-colored skin and her facial features were delicate. She was pure, pretty, and exude an air of tenderness. She thought to herself that Chi Ying was the nicest and prettiest girl she had ever seen. 

As she was spacing out, a girl with a tray in her hands sat down next to Chi Ying and said, “Hi, Chi Ying, I never knew you are that mighty. I have always thought that you are just a pretty girl and hadn’t expected that you are also strong academically. Three years of national scholarship… Wow! Oh, by the way, my name is Luo Li.”

Chi Ying knew that the achievements belonged to the original owner, not her. Even though she, too, had received national scholarships for a few years in her previous life, but it was not the same after all, so she couldn't help but felt a bit guilty. 

Her blushed a little and said to Luo Li sincerely, “I have heard of you, Luo Li. Your singing is very impressive. You are being too kind. I am not as mighty as you said.”

Zhao Wan felt very possessive all of a sudden and wanted to get Chi Ying’s attention with a whiny voice. “I don’t care, YingYing. I want to hug your thigh.”*

Students of the Performing Arts were roomed in groups of four. Naturally, the number of female students weren’t always divisible by four and Zhao Wan was the extra one. Her other three roommates were in Photography so she didn’t usually dine or attend classes with them. 

Zhao Wan had always been by herself until Chi Ying had transferred over. 

She appreciated Chi Ying’s arrival.

Chi Ying smiled slightly and said, “Hug away if that’s what you want.”

Before she was done speaking, another tray appeared on the last empty spot at their table. “Count me in.”

Zhao Wan, having heard that, was annoyed. She said meanly, “And just exactly who you are and why are you fighting with me over Ying?”

As she rambled on for a while, Zhao Wan felt that something was off, the one in front of her…. Was…

“Xiao… Xiao Hang?”