Chapter 36

Chapter 36 - Domineering CEO Novels (3)

The major graduation performance was set for December. It was an opportunity for both the individuals and the school.

Per the rules of the school, every class in the Performing Department must have their own show and participation from each student was mandatory. 

Even so, casting was still taken seriously by going down the list and each role matched to the best candidate. 

Perhaps the students wouldn’t normally fight too much over the lead roles during their normal practice plays, but now, most of the student would sign up for the male or female lead roles. 

Liao YaYun was their instructor who would be overseeing their graduation show and took on the responsibilities of the director in chief. 

Standing on the podium, her tone was serious and her look solemn. “For the sake of fairness, everybody who auditioned would have the same makeup. The Activity Committee will be responsible for lining up the makeup artist.”

Yu XueFei, member of the Activity Committee, acknowledged the request. 

Tan Ke, sitting behind Yue XueFei, patted her on her shoulder and said, “I have a friend who’s a makeup artist. I can contact her if you like. She will give us a discount for the amount of work we will have for her and you will be able to save on the budget.”

Liao YaYun had heard about Tan Ke from Song QingFeng so she had a preconception about her. She glanced over at Tan Ke and said, “I am not done yet. Please remain silent for the time being.”

Tan Ke wasn’t happy about it but Liao YaYan was, after all, the director in chief who’d determine whether she could take the role of the female lead. She couldn’t afford to offend her so she kept her mouth shut docilely. 

During the ten-minute break between classes, Tan Ke chatted up Yue XueFei about makeup artist again. 

“What are they talking about?” asked Chi Ying with her head propped up in her hand and looking over at Tan Ke and Yue XueFei’s direction. From what they could see, Yue XueFie nodded from time to time. 

As Zhao Wan heard that, she, too, looked up and said in resign, “Not sure. They are too far away. I can’t hear a thing.”

Chi Ying asked, “Is your Activity Committee member close to Tan Ke?”

“Yue XueFei? They are roommates. I guess they are okay with each other. But Yue XueFei’s family isn’t well off and Tan Ke takes her out to eat and play all the time, so I’d imagine Yue XueFei is quite appreciative of her for that,” said Zhao Wan as she shrugged. “You know, you can buy people with money.”

Chi Ying went silent for a bit and said, “Mmm.”

Zhao Wan got closer to her, lowered her voice, and said, “Why do you ask? Do you think they are scheming over something?”

“I am not sure yet. But WanWan, have you ever read any… domineering CEO novels?”

That had piqued Zhao Wan’s interest, “Domineering CEO novels? Truth be told, I’ve read at lot of those when I was in high school. I am also a fan of neckties and fantasized about bondage play with it.”

Chi Ying chuckled. “You look so innocent and pure. I didn’t think you are so wild inside. But, how many neckties would be ruined like that?”

“You’ve got to live a little, you know?” Zhao Wan grinned with her eyes curved. “What about domineering CEO novels? You want to recommend you some? I don’t remember much of them anymore.”

“No, I just recall that many authors like to have plots that involve makeup artists. One can’t be too careful. If Tan Ke wants to meddle in this…”