Chapter 49

Chapter 49 - Graduation Play (3)   

The dress rehearsal was about to begin. The Class Leader, with the list of names in her left hand and a pen in her right, frowned and said, "Someone go let Professor Liao know that Tan Ke is not here yet."

Liao YaYun sighed and waved her hand. "Don't wait for Tan Ke. She did something wrong and was no longer eligible to be in the graduation play. I have the new script here that I am going to hand out to you right now. But not to worry. With the exception of crossing out the parts with Tan Ke, there aren't many changes."

Chattering sounded had began before Liao YaYun was even done talking.

"Are you kidding? What did Tan Ke do now?"

"Professor Liao didn't even take away her right to participate in the graduation play after the last incident. You mean she did something worse than that this time?"

"Does Tan Ke have anti-social personality disorder? That's so scary."

All the girls that used to be close to Tan Ke all looked indifferent, as though that had nothing to do with them.

Zhao Wan was nervous as soon as she heard that. She asked Chi Ying caringly, "What happened, Ying? Did she try to do something to you again?"

Chi Ying shook her head, looking at loss. "I have no idea."

Zhao Wan let out a sigh of relief and gave her a hug. "Oh, I am glad that nothing happened. That had me worried."

The dress rehearsal went smoothly and everyone treated the graduation play seriously. After three months of hard work and taking every single detail to perfection. That, on top of the dream-like effect on stage really allowed the audiences felt like they were living the scenes.

Principal Zhang has a big smile on him when he said, "Great work, everybody. Great work. Just keep this up during the actual play."

When Chi Ying walked off the stage, she seemed to have caught sight of Cheng Huan in the southeastern corner of the seating area.

He was over on the second floor. His arms propped up on the railing and his body leaned forward, he was looking in the direction of the stage.

Chi Ying's heart tightened a bit. She tried to walk with her friends as much as possible after the rehearsal.

Luckily, Cheng Huan did not approach her that night.

Perhaps, he had already forgotten about her, thought Chi Ying to herself.

***

The graduation play would be performed three times – Saturday at 7 PM, Sunday at 2 PM and 9 PM.

The first two were only for the instructors and students of the school and the last one would welcome outside guests.

Chi Ying had saved two tickets for Jing Zheng and Chi Cheng for the first showing.

Chi Cheng arrived early and was stunned when he saw the size of the theater. He tugged at Jing Zheng's sleeve and asked, "Wow, so many people. They are all here to see Mommy?"

"Uhmm." Jing Zheng smiled at him and gestured hi to be quiet. "We have to watch quietly and not disturb Mommy, okay?"

Chi Cheng nodded solemnly. "Mmm. Okay."

The performance went smoothly and nobody made any errors because of nervousness.

The story has its highs and lows and was very engaging. The props were fitting and the audiences were quickly brought into the story.

Under the starry night, the girl leaned against the tree branch, her legs long, slim, pale and very eye-catching. Her eyes spiritual and lively, her voice soft and delicate. She had perfectly conveyed the innocence of a young girl.

The audiences experienced happiness and sadness along with her character.

Chi Cheng didn't really understand the story but the one that was most important to him was on the same. His eyes followed her the entire time and his face filled with excitement.

After the performance, Jing Zheng left with Chi Cheng and waited for Chi Ying inside their car.

Chi Ying changed, removed her makeup, said goodbye to Zhao Wan and the others before she hurried toward the meeting spot.

She had just gotten inside the cabin of the car before Chi Cheng reached out his arms and threw them around her neck. His eyes sparkling as he praised her, "Mommy is so awesome tonight!"