The Lightwood Gang

Nate watched from the further corner of the room as his twin leaned each time closer to the orange head, observing her as if she was an alien, while the corner of his lips tilted upwards.

He still remembered when she told him about Morgana, the Seelie had been her first downworlder friend and Izzy had been so excited, whispering how the huntress had helped her out when she was out partying.

His relationship with Morgana certainly wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Izzy, considering how the Seelie was untrusty when it came to strangers, but had somehow taken a liken into the brunette.

With Izzy's constant visits to the Seelie court, the twin felt like he needed to follow her, after all, Seelies shouldn't be trusted.

But as the days turned into weeks which were soon made into months, he caught himself visiting the woman without the presence of his twin and that's how their relationship bloomed.

"You know, if she wakes up in a frighten, which she probably will considering that her last moments of consciousness were while chatting with a demon, she will most likely bump into your head" Nate voiced out his thoughts, making Izzy nod as she started to lean back, just in time for the ginger to sat up with a gasp.

The sound of their heads colliding wasn't as loud as Nate's laughter tho, his eyes crinkled at the corner and his cheeks slightly tinted pink as Izzy pouted while rubbing her forehead.

"Don't even-" Izzy started, only to be cut off by his words which were slurred out as he continued laughing.

"I told you"

"Wait, I don't know who you-" orange head started stuttering out, her eyes moving between the twins in fear as one smiled softly at her, while the other raised an eyebrow as if asking 'What are you looking at?'

Her face turned redder than her hair, which wasn't that red in Nate's opinion, and she turned around to face Izzy again.

"I'm Isabelle and this is Nate... I've never seen Jace so curious about a mundane... or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work"

"Sometimes lethal, what are you though? A banshee? Because mundanes aren't supposed to see us and shadowhunters wouldn't scream like that, thanks about that, by the way, you've just ruined our mission"

The twins' smirk widened, watching as the new girl dropped her shoulders and lowered her head a bit, her eyes still unfocused, before she straightened up and answered with fake confidence.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Who's Jace?"

"You really don't know much, do you?" Izzy questioned with her head tilted to the side, letting her raven hair fall in curves, grazing her face.

"All I know is some psychos took my mother and now you people have taken me" the female twin chuckled while her brother rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"And by 'taken' I assume you mean 'saved your life'?"

"By the Angels, where's Alec so we can just throw her out and continue with our lives already?"

The duo spoke at the same time, giving each other pointed looks before they turned to look at Alec and Jace, who had just entered the room.

"I'm here, a mundane shouldn't be here" His brother spoke up as he entered the room, standing by Nate's side as Jace went towards the girls, glaring daggers at the Lightwood brothers.

"Where's 'here' exactly?" Clary's voice sounded out once again, making Nate roll his eyes as he gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Well, if we told you, we'd have to kill you and while I'm not opposed to the idea, this is my favorite jacket so I'd rather not get blood on it" the ginger clearly paled at his words, her eyes widening as she looked at Jace, who gave her a look that said it was a joke.