Queens

"I don't believe in never"

"I don't believe in always"

"Well, Mora darling, it seems like we're lucky that opposites attract"

"Never" Morgana answered, raising an eyebrow in defiance.

"Always" Nathaniel finished with a smirk, not knowing that, one day, that woman would be his fiancée.

The twins shared a glance

A silent battle between who would make the big question as they finally got home, one that Nate certainly lost, glaring at Izzy who was now busy picking on her nails as she ignored him.

Clearing his throat softly with his fingers slowly rubbing the back of his neck as it started to build up tension, before he let his eyes meet amused silver ones.

His cheeks flushed when he noticed that Mora had been observing their awkwardness for the past few minutes, making the corner of her lips pull up in a small smile.

"Go on" her words caught the attention of Amara, who was giving some orders to a few Seelies that had entered the throne room, before she dispensed them and skipped to their side, sitting on the ground instead of the elegant throne made of vines.

"Did they hurt you?" His question threw Morgana off guard, she was honestly expecting them to ask if they could lie or not, if they could be wounded by iron or not, maybe some other curiosity.

Her fluid silvery eyes stared intently at her fiancé, before she gave him a soft smile and shook her head "Barely"

She could hear the sharp intake of breaths that both of the twins took, Nate's onyx eyes wandering over her skin once again, checking if she was completely healed before he nodded to himself.

"How?" Izzy questioned curiously, before a frown was met upon her face as she remembered the Seelies they had tortured before them, with those same weapons.

It had made them incredibly weak, to say the least.

"Royal blood has superior magic and strength" The queen was the one to answer, her soft green eyes sparkling as she used her magic to make nature grow around them.

"How was it chosen... who would be the queen?" Nate questioned hesitantly, eyes full of concern as he looked between the sisters.

As far as he knew, the realms kept the law that made the first born the heir, unless of course, it was a matter of gender.