Come, my pets

All my flowers grew back as thorns

Jace Wayland, future holder of many names, observed the area with sharp eyes as soon as he entered the Seelie Court

His gilded irises watched the beautiful scenery with amazement, knowing deep down the reason why the twins preferred this dimension to theirs.

The trees looked greener, the flowers were much more colorful, adorning shapes, colors and scents that could never be found in another place but there.

It wasn't the first time he had been there, but it was the first time he was invited... by the Queen nonetheless.

Scrunching his eyes in confusion at the silence that he only now had noticed, Jace looked around with his guard slowly raising.

It was also the first time he couldn't hear even the animals, nor see them. It was almost as if the place was deserted.

His index finger and his thumb pressed softly against the handle of his seraph blade. It was like a second skin to him and there was just no way he would be comfortable while leaving the institute unarmed.

By the angels... Even in the Institute he would always keep the blade no further than 2 feet from his reach.

Perhaps Izzy was right, he did have trust issues, but she was none to judge considering how her own weapon would always stay on her wrist... even on her sleep.

Nate didn't even try to make fun of him about this, the inner circle knew pretty well that Nathaniel had placed weapons strategically all over the Institute, not enjoying to rely on a specific place that would hold every single weapon of every shadowhunter which resided there.

It was pure bullshit - words of wisdom by Nathaniel Lightwood

Alec would only roll his eyes at them, being the only one to follow the rules. As always.

The Wayland male felt the blade humm in power, shining brighter at the single touch and his body immediately relaxed. Not entirely though.

Making his way to where he knew the castle was, no Seelie watched over him this time. His heart skipped a beat, immediately taking his stele and quickly drawing the rune to enhance his hearing.

The burning didn't even make him flinch, it was almost as if his skin was hardened by now, acquiring another protective layer that was almost impossible to wound.

As the rune activated, he could feel every tension in his body be replaced by simple confusion, following the sounds that came from deep in the castle where he found a dark, narrow and curved stair made entirely of stones that led to what seemed to be the underground.