Books and Dead Bodies

It's funny...
She was designed as a weapon and yet I'm the one fighting to protect her

Drops of water fell from the sky as the battle ended

The Seelies greeted the rain with relieved smiles on their faces as, ever so slowly, left the woods and approached their Queen and the Huntress.

The twins observed silently what seemed to be an important moment, their onyx eyes slightly widening as the faes dropped to their knees and placed their foreheads against the grass in deep reverences.

The moment almost seemed to be a religious ceremony, their bodies glowing with power in a sign of their acceptance towards their Queen.

The dead bodies of the forsakens started to be involved by the nature, disappearing into the earth, as the blood was washed away by the soft rain that fell over their heads.

"What is happening?" Izzy had whispered softly to Morgana, who stood by the twins, watching the Seelies as if they were the plague of humanity while Amara walked to the center, bowing back at their curved forms.

"They are accepting the boyo as their Queen and offering their powers to aid her in battle" Mora explained, her voice showing her annoyance.

"Is it... not good?" Nathaniel questioned in confusion, tilting his head to stare at his fiancée, who had her iron gaze still on the trembling Seelies, who could now feel her disgust hovering above them.

"It's great" Amara answered softly, giving Mora a pointed look as she straightened her back.

"Right" Mora spat with a sarcastic smile playing on her lips "it's not like they should have accepted you years ago or anything. Amara has been a better leader than the previous one and yet none of them accepted her until she risked her life for them"

Her silver eyes swirled like smoke among her irises as she stared down at the kneeling Seelies, chuckling to herself before she clicked her tongue "As if they are worth it"

And the Seelies flinched, lowering their bodies even more, until their chests were in contact with the wet dirt as they heard her combat boots and the huge paws of the wolves walking through them, in the direction of the castle.

Izzy had to bite her lower lip in order to fight back a smirk that was trying to rise on her face, amusement twinkling in her dark eyes. Her twin, however, didn't bother to be discreet, snickering at their fearful expressions, which caused some to close their fingers in fists.