twenty.

————————————————————————————
Y E O S A N G

weeks of planning and preparations had passed, and the night finally has come. tonight is the night where we'll be taking jongho along with his father's journal to the station. we need to document jongho and the journal's content for evidence. we know we could've just grabbed the journal and go. but after knowing that jongho read its contents, he instantly becomes a witness and a part of this case. this is a confidential case after all and we got jongho involved in this. we need to protect him and his mother.

mingi came arriving at the living room. "all clear. the exit's clear." he said after thoroughly searching the house and the streets outside.

"alright." wooyoung nodded and then faced jongho's mother. "maam. for your safety, we'll be taking you to a hotel. we already had a room reserved for you. yunho and yeosang will you escort you there."

the mother looked worried.

"don't worry maam, you and jongho will be safe. we let jongho wear one of our bulletproof vests, we'll return safely. don't worry." mingi assured.

she nodded her head and gave jongho a hug. "take care." jongho hugged her back, squeezing her tight.

wooyoung gave me a worried look and smiled. "be safe."

despite the tension and fear, yunho and i smiled and nodded back. "we will."

checking his weapon, mingi said. "i should get the car ready. i'll drive."

"no. i'll drive." wooyoung quickly argued. "trust me."

mingi looked confused at first but he agreed anyway. "sure. let's meet at the car."

everyone gave each other hugs and goodbyes before splitting up. who knows, this may be our last encounter.

——————————
W O O Y O U N G

this is our big chance. we can't just let it go to waste. so we took all the measures needed. we put jongho and his mother's safety first, then considered on getting a fast car. why a fast car you ask? i'm pretty sure we'll get involved in a chase.

hongjoong and san are usually a step ahead. they must have also heard of jongho's arrival here in korea. san also accidentally mentioned before that they're also after the journal. there's no way he wasn't lying back then at the hospital when he said he has no plans. he totally had a plan.

entering the car, there was a heavy atmosphere surrounding us. for some reason, it gave me goosebumps. could it be because it's cold or because there's a danger coming?

now don't think about that. we need to get there safely.

putting on my seatbelt, i took deep breaths and tried to calm myself down. this is not my first time encountering danger, there is nothing to be afraid of. "ready?"

they already had their seatbelts on. mingi grabbed on the handle above his head and gripped it tight. "jongho. you okay back there?" he loudly asked.

"y-yeah." jongho nervously stuttered.

starting the car, i said. "well here we go."