twelve.

————————————————————————————————————————
S A N

"junyoung." i sighed before raising an eyebrow. "i can't say that he's missing but i can't get in contact with him." i added before shifting my eyes in the huge monitors in front of me. they're basically live footages of what's happening around the area. from the mountain i'm standing on and to the next.

"in other words, you can't find him." he smirked, laughing. his laugh slowly faded as he also watched the monitors. "you only had one job."

shocked, my head snapped at his direction. "pardon? don't speak so lightly of me."

"if something happens to him, i won't forgive you." he bluntly said with a pause. "boss." he added in a teasing manner.

that was the last straw for me. without uttering a word, i swiftly swung my arm at him and he caught it with one hand. everyone in the control room froze and the keyboard noises were instantly gone. all eyes were on us, tensed.

"it's no use, i know the timing of your blows, your movements, combinations, everything." he sarcastically smiled, gripping my wrist tightly.

right. we used to spar together when we were young. i thought as i took my arm away from his grip.

out of the blue, i spoke. "why don't we use it? let's the track him using that ." and i heaved out a worried sigh at the end, crossing my arms.

though it looked like he was expecting for that order, he still sounded shocked and concerned. "are you sure? i'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt."

"i'm sure." i firmly said.

"you heard the boss. hit it." he relayed my orders and everyone was back to business. keyboards smashing, some are talking loudly to their walkie talkies while some are standing quietly, listening to the incoming reports thorough their earpieces.

'this is what you get for not answering my calls you dumbass.'

——————————————
H O N G J O O N G

| 09 : 20 AM |
| ship dock |

the sun's blazing hot as the waves kept crashing on each other. and also add those seagulls making those weird yet nice quality noise, today's a great weather to die.

sitting by at the edge of the concrete dock, i played with a stray dog. petting him, a smile instinctively crept up on my lips. i looked at this poor stray creature with such adoration and amusement in my eyes. having no use of him, i bid a goodbye and he quietly left me alone.

i was being sentimental for a while when a pigeon landed on my side. "oh. hello." i greeted with a pout. the pigeon paid no mind and just stood there beside me, looking around. everything was peaceful and calm until—

"FUCK!" a stinging pain suddenly surged on my left arm. specifically, near my wrist. it was a pain that i never felt for a very long time, saying it's painful is just an understatement.

beads of cold sweat began to form all over my body as i gripped on the stinging area to ease the pain. my upper body weakly gave up and i ended up lying on the hot concrete floor, rolling over to cope up with the pain.